Can Nitro fuel pump be used in my gas setups? - RC Groups
May 21, 2012, 12:10 PM
Discussion

Can Nitro fuel pump be used in my gas setups?

I'm converting to Gas. I have a manual fuel pump to pump from the nitro to the tank. I was wondering if I can also use this to pump my gas to my gas tanks.

Is there a specific cleaning method I should use, and or should I just purchase a new one?

How safe are electric pumps with gas setups?

Thanks,
Dennis
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2012, 12:31 PM
Suspended Account
Some pumps willl work fine with gasoline but some won't. The cheap Chinese pumps may not use rubber products that will stand up to petroleum products. Robart had a pump out called the "six shooter" that would work. The rubber tube was more plastic than rubber and since it's mechanical no worries with a spark.

If you want an electric pump, you can find 12 v fuel pumps for cars at Summit Performance Parts. You will need one that has a outlet presure of 12 lbs or less.

Frank
May 22, 2012, 09:53 AM
Sounds good. I've got one of those el cheapo tower pumps.
May 22, 2012, 07:56 PM
Gas Only
I have a Dubro that is good for either fuel. Do not use it back and forth though!
May 23, 2012, 07:44 PM
Bellanca Kruesair

pumping station

I have twp pumps that transfer gas...The black one from Tower Hobbies is a pair of gears,that will pump most any fluid.I use it for gasoline,and smoke oil.
The Dave Brown Six-Shooter is a very versatile pump..The tubing allows many different fluids also,and it moves a lot of it !
Latest blog entry: Rut-roh !