May 21, 2012, 07:25 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

New: Fatshark 5.8ghz Classic with MIG V4 headtracker available june 2012

Fatshark is comming with a brand new model:

The Fatshark 5.8ghz Classic with MIG V4 headtracker.

The classic is the redesigned RCV922 headset with the largest FOV of any
consumer video glasses for the most immersive FPV experience. High
quality tooling and finish oozes quality and comfort.

Features:
Adjustable IPD,
35 degree FOV VGA display,
secured rubber eyecups,
lightweight,
integrated 5G8 receiver and MIG V4 head tracker.

Kit includes:
Classic VGA headset,
antenna, 3m AV cable,
Futaba data cable,
JR data cable and zipper carry case

Note:
Battery, charger, transmitter and
adjustable earphones are sold separately.

Also: There will be a SVGA (800×600) version “Attitude” available later this year.
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2012, 09:55 AM
Team White Llama!
Where is this info coming from?
May 21, 2012, 10:21 AM
Discovery
And how much will it be released for?

found this : http://shop.righthere.nu/fpv-headset...prod_1127.html
Last edited by ulkar; May 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
May 21, 2012, 11:54 AM
€ 392.00 ??? expensive...
ulkar, the link you provided is somewhat confusing.. it says

"The classic is the redesigned RCV922 headset with the largest FOV of any
consumer video glasses"

and at the same time, just underneath it says...

"35 degree FOV VGA display"

35degrees?? That's not the largest as we know.. :P
May 21, 2012, 11:57 AM
Team White Llama!
This isn't even up on the fatshark website, so let's not jump to conclusions about its design yet.

I want the 800x600 ones. Maybe fatshark will let me do another video review? My last one has like 9,000 views
May 21, 2012, 12:03 PM
Discovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u
€ 392.00 ??? expensive...
ulkar, the link you provided is somewhat confusing.. it says

"The classic is the redesigned RCV922 headset with the largest FOV of any
consumer video glasses"

and at the same time, just underneath it says...

"35 degree FOV VGA display"

35degrees?? That's not the largest as we know.. :P
The OP states the same exact sentence, but the base isn't supposed to be somewhere arround 42°?

Still, a 35° with dominator design and adjustable ipd would be pretty neat, but not at that price
May 21, 2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulkar
The OP states the same exact sentence, but the base isn't supposed to be somewhere arround 42°?

Still, a 35° with dominator design and adjustable ipd would be pretty neat, but not at that price
Yep, base is 46degrees. I've tried them and love the big FOV. Another good google is the Foxtech AIO, good picture quality. So far I've only tried 3 types of video goggles so far (the other one is the Turnigy basic FPV, which in my opinion, just good for the 'not so serious' FPV flyers out there)

Price is definitely overkill... maybe that's the price of the SVGA version? Who knows? but thanks for the SOS ulkar.
May 21, 2012, 12:50 PM
Discovery
I have a pair of cinemizers that I just received, they have great picture quality, but the IPD is fixed at 62.5mm and mine is very very narrow, which causes me to see the right screen very dark cause my eye is not looking at it with the right angle. So those goggles would be a good compromise, I just hope it's the price for SVGA
May 21, 2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
I have a pair of cinemizers that I just received, they have great picture quality, but the IPD is fixed at 62.5mm and mine is very very narrow, which causes me to see the right screen very dark cause my eye is not looking at it with the right angle. So those goggles would be a good compromise, I just hope it's the price for SVGA
I agree with the great quality of the cinemizers. Too bad they are hard to find now. If they only had an adjustable IPD then they would be perfect. I am interested in seeing what the new 800x600 fatshark is like.
May 23, 2012, 04:19 AM
Discovery
Here is another link !

http://www.proairshop.com/shop/radio...classic-p-1468
May 23, 2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Interesting since I've yet to announce this product or even put up on my own website.
Fat Shark
Jun 01, 2012, 12:29 PM
any releasedate?
Jun 01, 2012, 04:49 PM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark
Interesting since I've yet to announce this product or even put up on my own website.
Fat Shark
Sure as hell wasn't me Gregory , you hadn't even told me the full details yet !!

Cheers
Patrick Coolahan
Jun 02, 2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark
Fat Shark
HA!
so fatshark, is this true or just rumours?
These are showing 'fatshark' labels.. unless of course it's another chinese imitation / look a like product
Jun 03, 2012, 08:47 AM
They are real (or at least the first one is, hadn't heard about the svga ones) because Greg introduced them on FPV Lab the other week.

I think he's more expressing surprise that they are already up on websites with prices etc, since he's yet to formally announce availability or pricing.

As for being too expensive, what do you get up to if you buy dominators, rx and head tracking modules? I would expect it to cost no more than that really. So up to about $420 or so.

Of course I'd love it if they were $300 like the dominators, but including rx and ht, somehow I doubt it though. I'm interested in the svga version for sure! I'd like to know if that's a real product.

Quick Reply