BluFO Parkflyer Build Log - Page 3 - RC Groups
Apr 26, 2013, 04:02 PM
I just found out about this design from a photo of someone's models at the 2013 SEFF. It looks like it will be an excellent project to make a cut file for my phlatprinter. Thanks for posting and sharing the drawings of this model.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2013, 09:04 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
Having flown the BluFO and several variants at SEFF 2013, I can tell anyone who builds one they will not be dissapointed.

MetroGTI...thanks again for all the flights! Next year, I should have one or two of my own to fly. Just gotta work up the cut files!
May 04, 2013, 04:50 PM
Plain Broke and Broke Planes!
Me too! Joel was nice enough to let me fly His BluFO (with retracts!) and it is a great flyer. Tim (IFLYOS) didn't let me fly anything of his , I really wanted to fly his Mud Duck....
May 04, 2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcphill
Me too! Joel was nice enough to let me fly His BluFO (with retracts!) and it is a great flyer. Tim (IFLYOS) didn't let me fly anything of his , I really wanted to fly his Mud Duck....
You shoulda asked, Phil! If you make it to our event in August, you are welcome to try the Duck then..
May 17, 2013, 07:59 PM
Mexia Izonfia

Group Build II

Back in March, we did a second Blu-F-O group build. For the second build, we used foam sheets from www.ModelPlaneFoam.com and we were able to have the foam pre-cut on CNC. We were able to assemble 9 complete airframes in about 6 hours. Here are some pics from the build.
May 17, 2013, 08:10 PM
Mexia Izonfia

H-Blu-O

I've got the amphibious version (I'm calling it the H-Blu-O) flying well now. I have not had a chance to do a build log yet, but have had several requests for the plans so I am posting them and a few photos for those who would like to give it a try. You may notice the field modification to the rudder (only had blue foam on hand) to help with the water handling. The larger rudder is in the updated plans.

Notice!
Jim has started a new H-Blu-O kit from RA Cores thread where I will be posting build instructions very soon.

Update: Loaded Tiled version of the Parts Patterns

keywords: HBluO, HBlueO, H-Blue-O
Last edited by MetroGTi; Jun 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM.
May 17, 2013, 08:44 PM
I can personally attest to how well the H-BluFO flys...Joel was gracious enough to let me fly it at SEFF this year, and I had a blast! It retains the flight characteristics of the original, but adds the option of flying off of water. This is one I will surely add to my fleet!
May 17, 2013, 09:43 PM
Mexia Izonfia

BluFOs at SEFF

Bildo got some clips of a few of the BluFO variants flying at SEFF

H-BluO Flying at SEFF 2013
Starts at 4:51 ends at 5:12
Bildo SEFF 2013 Early (7 min 53 sec)

Blu-F-O Night Flyer at SEFF 2013
Starts at 0:12 to 0:21 and flying in the group from 0:22 to 0:41
and on the same video
Blu-F-Lo-Ri-Der at SEFF 2013
Starts at 7:22 ends at 7:32
Bildo SEFF 2013 Pond and Wings (8 min 9 sec)
May 17, 2013, 09:45 PM
Me too! I built a BluFO on the field this week at Joe Nall. It flies great. I added a couple of feet of LEDS and have seven night flights on it so far. Great high alpha, and virtually impossible to stall. Now I have to have a HBluO for the fall.
May 17, 2013, 10:18 PM
Phil, I will get to work on the files and send them to you..BTW, I got my pink BluFO built, and got a couple flights on it. Flies just like I knew it would.
May 18, 2013, 06:54 AM
Thanks Tim! I'm seriously considering an EDF version. Luke has some fans pulled from junked kits that I may have to play with....
May 18, 2013, 08:11 AM
Mexia Izonfia
Quote:
Thanks Tim! I'm seriously considering an EDF version. Luke has some fans pulled from junked kits that I may have to play with....
Wait a minute, you can't do the EDF version before I get one done!

Joel
May 18, 2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroGTi
Wait a minute, you can't do the EDF version before I get one done!

Joel
Hmmm...now there is an idea!

Actually, I am thinking about an FPV version, since it flies so well. Upsize it a little bit to cope with the weight of the video gear, and there you go...FPV FO
May 18, 2013, 09:23 AM
Mexia Izonfia
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYOS
Hmmm...now there is an idea!

Actually, I am thinking about an FPV version, since it flies so well. Upsize it a little bit to cope with the weight of the video gear, and there you go...FPV FO
The I C Ufo....
May 18, 2013, 12:37 PM
Perfect!