Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 23, 2016, 06:03 PM
Registered with FAA since 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by cflchurch
. . . .
I have had my kit for a few weeks and building it slow trying to find the perfect paint job with no luck. . . . . .
What ever your paint scheme be sure to make the top and bottom distinctive.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2016, 03:01 AM
Kit Manufacturer
just something simple done with painters tape before final assembly
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Aug 28, 2016, 08:11 PM
Mexia Izonfia
My favorite motor for this plane is the EMAX CF2812 1600kv Outrunner. It can be found online priced in the $8 to $12 range.

My preferred prop is either an APC 7x5 or 7x6. They give from 7 to 10 minutes of flight from a 1300mah pack depending on throttle use, with the 7x6 giving the faster top speed.

I just finished building a couple new BluFOs, one from model plane foam, and the other from Jim's EPP kit. I tried a new color scheme on them, and was pleased with the way they turned out.

- Joel
Nov 30, 2016, 09:48 AM
Kit Manufacturer
One of my recent customers bought an unpainted EPP BluFO kit at a swap meet I attended and said he was going to airbrush it. He showed me pictures of his previous work and I was amazed and asked him to send me the final results. Here is what he did. So awesome Paul!
Apr 20, 2017, 10:21 AM
Bought mine at the Toledo show and just started assembly.

Instructions say that the bevel for the elevens should be on the TOP SIDE of the fuse. I'm used to putting the bevel on the BOTTOM.

What have others done?

Thanks!
Apr 20, 2017, 10:56 AM
Registered with FAA since 2016
Bottom.
Apr 20, 2017, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy Steve
Bought mine at the Toledo show and just started assembly.

Instructions say that the bevel for the elevens should be on the TOP SIDE of the fuse. I'm used to putting the bevel on the BOTTOM.

What have others done?

Thanks!
I did the top by accident. Still flies great, just needs a little more servo travel.
Apr 20, 2017, 03:21 PM
Kit Manufacturer
I think the idea is to put the flat part of the joint on the side with the servos so on the bottom