Old May 19, 2012, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by Acer
Gallery

Wet Day in the High Country (4 photos)

I've been very busy for the past month with work, so I haven't had much time for photography/hiking. Today, I had a free day. The weather wasn't the best (snow, wind and rain). but any day in the mountains is a great day.

It was hard to keep the lens free of water spots, so I didn't take many photos on the hike. BUT here are a few I did take.

As you can see, I was up in the clouds

19-May-2012-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

19-May-2012-2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Here's one of a waterfall I hiked past.

19-May-2012-3 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

I came up on a few elk during the hike as well. They are looking a little miserable in the wet

19-May-2012-4 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr
Old May 19, 2012, 10:30 PM
Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
"It's not enough its wet and misreable, along comes a human with their silly clicky thing"... Sigh...

Nice pics
Old May 20, 2012, 12:08 AM
Find More Posts by Treetop
sensitive artsy type
Very nice.
Old May 20, 2012, 09:34 AM
Find More Posts by Sonsight
Colorado summers are hard to beat, that's for sure. But, (after 30 years there in Woodland Park,) I could not take the cold & snow anymore. I still would like to become a snowbird, if I can only figure out the logistics of maintaining two homes.
Jake
Old May 20, 2012, 03:11 PM
Find More Posts by LVsoaring
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
That waterfall pic is stunning! Very nice work!
Old May 20, 2012, 04:18 PM
Find More Posts by Punkie
Love & a Molotov cocktail
very nice
Old May 21, 2012, 07:57 AM
Find More Posts by daddiozz
foamie re-cycler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonsight View Post
Colorado summers are hard to beat, that's for sure. But, (after 30 years there in Woodland Park,) I could not take the cold & snow anymore. I still would like to become a snowbird, if I can only figure out the logistics of maintaining two homes.
Jake
Its much easier if your second home is mobile...