kk black board won't arm - RC Groups
May 17, 2012, 09:30 PM
Discussion

kk black board won't arm

so what do i have to do to get my kk black board setup so that my quad will fly? cause I can't get the board to arm when I move the rudder stick? do I have to calibrate the board to arm some how or what's the deal with this thing?
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2012, 11:34 PM
There are a number of things you can try.
1). Make sure your throttle and rudder channels don't need to be reversed.
2). Try adding a little bit of down trim.
3). Set your throttle endpoints to 100% and sub-trims to 0%
4). Calibrate your ESCs.

I had trouble getting my v5.5 board to calibrate and arm, then I reset my endpoints and sub-trims, and suddenly it worked great.
Good luck!
If you still have trouble, please post more details and hopefully someone can help.
May 17, 2012, 11:42 PM
ok I got the kk board to arm and everything is working like it should but when I give forward input the quat wants to tile back and when i give back input it wants to tile forward. what do i need to do to make it right. do I need to reverse some things or what? i'm using an airtronics rds 8000 radio and have it set to areo and i have the delta seting set to act.
May 17, 2012, 11:51 PM
Sounds like now you need to reverse the pitch direction on your transmitter. Dadde's guide is teh best summary of this info; it goes through all the checks necessary for setting up the KK board.
May 17, 2012, 11:59 PM
ok thanks for the help I will try reversing the pitch. also I have the kk board mounted to the quad so that the arrow is pointing forward between the front arms would that be a problem?
May 18, 2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman320
ok thanks for the help I will try reversing the pitch. also I have the kk board mounted to the quad so that the arrow is pointing forward between the front arms would that be a problem?
That depends whether you have a x or + quad frame.
Here is a link to the aforementioned guide http://www.rcexplorer.se/Educational...e/kkguide.html
May 18, 2012, 02:28 PM
Ok thanks for the help, i will mess with it a little bit more then.
May 18, 2012, 09:58 PM
is there any way that I can get my quad copter to tilt left and right when I move the aileron stick instead of when I move the rudder?
May 18, 2012, 10:03 PM
Check the connections from the Rx to the KK board. It sounds like you have your rudder going where aileron should go
May 18, 2012, 11:07 PM
Make sure you know what version of the firmware your board is flashed with. It will be either X or +.
Also make sure your ESCs are in the right locations and rotation direction.
May 19, 2012, 01:02 AM
mine is the v5.5 board with the v2.1 programming. I also keep having trouble with it not wanting to arm unless I play with the motors and then they will arm.