Durafly A-1 Skyraider - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Tartago, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2012, 09:43 PM
Registered User
DForbes's Avatar

Very Cool!


Hey, nice pics. I ordered mine last Sat and am looking forward to flying her. How do you like it so far, have you flown it yet?

Thanks,

Dennis
May 22, 2012, 10:58 PM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DForbes
Hey, nice pics. I ordered mine last Sat and am looking forward to flying her. How do you like it so far, have you flown it yet?

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis.

It's quite stable and an easy warbird to fly.

I'll post a video of maiden.
May 23, 2012, 09:36 AM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar

Video of maiden


Skyraider 03 (4 min 49 sec)
May 23, 2012, 10:02 PM
Registered User
DForbes's Avatar

Nice Vid!


Nice vid and good flying!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago
May 24, 2012, 04:48 AM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DForbes
Nice vid and good flying!
Thanks
Aug 31, 2012, 08:48 PM
Registered User
Weed89's Avatar
Very nice...just bought 1 myself...is yours still flying?...also, are there any weak parts I should stock up on?

Thanks in advance
Aug 31, 2012, 09:12 PM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89
Very nice...just bought 1 myself...is yours still flying?...also, are there any weak parts I should stock up on?

Thanks in advance
Still flies very well.

Mostly propeller. The rest is very sturdy.

Be warned that the tail wheel position makes it easy to tip the nose and break props on stony tarmac.
Sep 18, 2012, 08:55 PM
Registered User
Weed89's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago
Be warned that the tail wheel position makes it easy to tip the nose and break props on stony tarmac.
What do you mean by POSITION?...you mean just turning will nose over?..i will be flying off pavement also...and not smoothe pavement..but rocky pavement
Sep 18, 2012, 09:47 PM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
The scale tail is quite tall, and hitting a small pebble will cause the nose going down and scratching the prop.
Try to avoid rocks.


I fly from rocky Tarmac too.
Sep 26, 2012, 11:58 PM
They call me Lipo.....
Justwingit's Avatar
T,

Hope all is well with you...have you been flying the Spad lately?

Take care,
John
Latest blog entry: E-flite UMX Timber!
Sep 27, 2012, 02:32 AM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
T,

Hope all is well with you...have you been flying the Spad lately?

Take care,
John
Spad? Not yet... Bought.
Sep 27, 2012, 08:29 AM
They call me Lipo.....
Justwingit's Avatar
Sorry T,

I meant the Skyraider....Spad was a nickname for them during Vietnam...

Happy flying !
Latest blog entry: E-flite UMX Timber!
Sep 27, 2012, 10:37 AM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
Sorry T,

I meant the Skyraider....Spad was a nickname for them during Vietnam...

Happy flying !
Oooh! Got it!

Strange was because I was looking at the HK Spad.

I had a bad take off hitting a pebble with the tail and nosing over at almost WOT.

The firewall took the brunt and now I need to do some surgery.

Yours?
Sep 27, 2012, 03:58 PM
They call me Lipo.....
Justwingit's Avatar
Still chugging along nicely...

Blogged about it recently:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1733831

Hope yours is flying soon...sounds like a bummer !
Latest blog entry: E-flite UMX Timber!

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Durafly 1100mm A-1 Skyraider rooni79 Electric Warbirds 2880 Today 01:06 AM
Build Log A-1H Skyraider Build at 1/8th scale J Morgan Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 746 Oct 29, 2016 11:49 PM
Sold FMS Mini A-1 Skyraider 800 Series RTF Electric Warbird MIKEYOUR Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 May 09, 2012 02:00 AM