May 15, 2012, 08:06 AM
Al Ducharme
Thread OP
New Product

HoverflyGIMBAL - Now Shipping!

The new HoverflyGIMBAL 3-axis gimbal controller IS NOW SHIPPING.

Our gimbal controller will work with any servo controlled gimbal and is independent of the flight controller (of course we think you should use Hoverfly but.....). The tiny controller uses 8 microcontrollers, 3-axis Gyro, 3-axis Accel, and 3-axis magnetometer to provide fast and reliable gimbal stabilization. Basic modes provide the user with the ability to autocompensate while also providing manual control from your flight transmitter or a second transmitter. More advanced modes will allow the user to pre-program shows (set motion patterns) that can be activated with a switch on the transmitter. Magetic heading hold is also available with pan capable gimbals. In addition, the HoverflyGIMBAL will work without a tx/rx for auto-compensation while you fly.

Here is an introduction video....

Introducing HoverflyGIMBAL (2 min 53 sec)

....and here is an in-flight video.

HoverflyGIMBAL In-Flight Demonstration (2 min 47 sec)

For more information and to order one go to our website
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2012, 08:46 AM
Looks like you need to dial it in a little better.
Doesnt look bad though.

You have it backwards. We dont want to see the GoPro vid in full screen. We want to see the onboard video full screen. I am sure you can swap it.
This will make it easier to see how good it really works.
May 15, 2012, 09:47 AM
+1 Considering the amount of reduction on that gimbal I would expect much better stability. Please post more in flight videos.
May 15, 2012, 10:44 AM
Go Hawks!
not bad. I like all the controls this board gives.
seems like a much more advanced gimbal controller than the Skyline..
time will tell I guess. I'll be in the market in a month or so..time for these things to shake out with some real world usage info.
May 15, 2012, 11:01 AM
Multicopter Nut
You definitely have to dial it more. Looking at the horizon line, there's a lot of uncompensated roll.
May 15, 2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12
+1 Considering the amount of reduction on that gimbal I would expect much better stability. Please post more in flight videos.
Actually, it is because of the amount of reduction that the gains appear to be off. What I've found is that with reductions greater than about 2.5-3:1, the reaction to large movements lag a bit. This is particularly noticeable in the roll axis. Anyway, I think the controller is fine.

I just ordered one of these that I'm going to try with our gimbals, which have belt drive ratios of 2.5:1 and use fast, but accurate MKS BLS950 brushless digital servos.

-- Gary
May 15, 2012, 11:23 AM
Gary, thanks for clearing that up, I look forward to your test.
May 15, 2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum
Actually, it is because of the amount of reduction that the gains appear to be off. What I've found is that with reductions greater than about 2.5-3:1, the reaction to large movements lag a bit. This is particularly noticeable in the roll axis. Anyway, I think the controller is fine.

I just ordered one of these that I'm going to try with our gimbals, which have belt drive ratios of 2.5:1 and use fast, but accurate MKS BLS950 brushless digital servos.

-- Gary
Sounds like HF needs to add you to the team.
May 15, 2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
Sign me up, coach.
May 15, 2012, 12:46 PM
Al Ducharme
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
We consider all of our customers as being on the team!

Quick Reply