May 14, 2012, 07:10 PM
Just a bored guy
Thread OP
Discussion

New ALZRC 3GY V2.0 FBL System

If you do not know, ALZRC is phasing out their older 3GYS 3-axis flybarless gyro for their newer 3GY. It is about time to separate the 3GY discussion from the 3GYS discussion.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying
That price is looking good! With the continued work robird is doing on this gyro (working with a pro and adding governor), we could end up with a gyro the equivalent of the Mikado Vbar.

Just an FYI, I've started another thread that will have a review and a resource of information (also links back to this thread) in the first post here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1685138
Last edited by boredom.is.me; Jul 06, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2012, 08:03 PM
Just a bored guy
Thread OP
I also got a flight in on mine today with KBDD tail blades. I had to turn the gain way down. I think it is somewhere around 20.
May 14, 2012, 08:05 PM
All the bugs worked out now? Any other changes in the firmware outside of the vibra monitor?
May 14, 2012, 08:31 PM
Just a bored guy
Thread OP
I am flying with different blades now. I have some Stealth 315mm blades on. They are the same length, a little wider, and better quality, but the heli doesn't fly as nicely with them. They are not FBL specified blades which is most likely the reason.

Other than the vibra analysis, all I have now is the #2 led that blinks every once in a while. Nothing seems to be an issue though so I am assuming it is normal.
May 14, 2012, 08:43 PM
Just installed and read the help tab. I'm curious as well as how is it determining rpm?
May 14, 2012, 11:51 PM
Just a bored guy
Thread OP
I had a night time flight were I worked out the basic gyro settings for elev, aile, and rudd for the Stealth blades. I looked into the differences between FB and FBL blades, and yes, the blades I have on now do react quicker, which I guess initially caught me off guard. I'll add a little more expo to help compensate for this. I still need to correct my blade tracking.

I haven't taken it into the open yet, but from what I can tell, the tail is holding much better, nearly on point.
May 15, 2012, 03:12 PM
taking time on my ride
I wanted to get out this past weekend but having troubles with the double sided tape. None of it will stay stuck to the frames of this heli. I ran out of my 3M # 4010 and used the stock stuff from the ZYX`s. I went out yesterday and bought two rolls of it so I`m stocked up for awhile now.....

I wish they would give out some information on the vibra analyse.
May 15, 2012, 03:24 PM
Just a bored guy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI
I wish they would give out some information on the vibra analyse.
...like how rpm is derived.
May 15, 2012, 03:43 PM
taking time on my ride
I`m useing the Gov. on my CC ESC`s and it is not set perfect and the 3GY vib logger is very close to the RPM`s I`m seeing.
May 15, 2012, 04:57 PM
Just a bored guy
Thread OP
I just noticed that they got rid of the delay in the performance window.
May 15, 2012, 05:47 PM
The vibration analyse might be frequency based. Every set rpm for the main and tail rotor generates a certain frequency that the gyro is picking up and calculating rpms from.
May 17, 2012, 05:09 PM
I sent an email to rc711 asking for some information on how the vibra analysis works and how to use it. Waiting for a reply.
May 18, 2012, 02:57 PM
Just a bored guy
Thread OP
I had fun pushing my limits today. (That normally means there is bad news.) I just need an open space now...and a screwdriver so I can replace one of my servo arms...and new blades. I changed my main shaft and my feathering shaft suffered no damage. This is really good considering how everyone said to stay away from the SS stuff. I shattered one of CF blades. I also lost half a tooth on my man gear. I wonder if that will be an issue.
May 18, 2012, 03:18 PM
The main gear might strip further and it's going to sound a little crappy.

Quick Reply