May 30, 2019, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
The majority of my time is spent in Mode 0 waiting for time/weather for Mode 2.
I know the feeling Lousy wind & rain here for the past two weeks, so haven't been able to fly either - but reminded myself not to moan after reading about the terrible storms you guys have been experiencing of late.
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2019, 04:55 PM
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
That's true but right handed people would generally do better with the primary flight controls on the right hand
Not everybody's right-handed
May 31, 2019, 01:00 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrev
Not everybody's right-handed
No, that's why I said right handed (i.e. the majority) would do better with primary controls on the right. For left handers mode 3 makes sense, but the problem there is finding an instructor that flies that way. With modern buddy boxing systems maybe not such a problem any more because the different transmitters can be configured differently.
May 31, 2019, 07:41 AM
Have a look here if interested in the Mode 1 Mode 2 thingy...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=11

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
May 31, 2019, 08:05 AM
Essex
[QUOTE=JetPlaneFlyer;41980813For left handers mode 3 makes sense, but the problem there is finding an instructor that flies that way. [/QUOTE]
As you say, nowadays the instructor's radio can be different to the student's. The biggest problem is finding radios that either support all 4 modes (hardly ever nowadays), or radios that are easily converted. As I said in an earlier post, I converted the main sticks on the X6, but the trims and displays remain wrong for me.
Jun 17, 2019, 11:06 AM
Quote:
As you say, nowadays the instructor's radio can be different to the student's. The biggest problem is finding radios that either support all 4 modes (hardly ever nowadays), or radios that are easily converted. As I said in an earlier post, I converted the main sticks on the X6, but the trims and displays remain wrong for me.
WLtoys, Futaba, Walkera radios cover mode 1~4.
Jun 17, 2019, 11:20 AM
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2-tokyo
WLtoys, Futaba, Walkera radios cover mode 1~4.
Not always: I've got the XK K6 (WL toys) that came with my K130, that's only 1 & 2. Also, my Futaba 9ZAP, that only covers 1 & 2 officially, although that is versatile enough that you can change the stick allocations in software, but it still only "thinks" it's in 1 or 2.
Jun 18, 2019, 12:32 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
All my FrSky transmitters can be set to what ever mode I like. I fly Mode 1 with fixed wing and Mode 2 with helicopters. Same with the Multiplex Royal EVO transmitters.
Jun 18, 2019, 12:34 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB
Have a look here if interested in the Mode 1 Mode 2 thingy...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=11

Paul
You forgot to mention the 10 channel reed systems and the galloping ghost analog proportional systems.
Jun 18, 2019, 02:16 PM
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
All my FrSky transmitters can be set to what ever mode I like. I fly Mode 1 with fixed wing and Mode 2 with helicopters. Same with the Multiplex Royal EVO transmitters.
But you don't mention modes 3 &4? We were talking about how few transmitters support the less well-known modes (3 & 4)
Jun 19, 2019, 12:00 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
But you don't mention modes 3 &4? We were talking about how few transmitters support the less well-known modes (3 & 4)
If you have a transmitter that supports Mode 1 and Mode 2 (assignable throttle and elevator) it will also support Mode 3 and Mode 4 automatically. The only difference with Mode 3 and 4 is that aileron is on the left stick. Usually when the transmitter software supports an assignable channel to each stick you can pretty much configure it as any Mode.

Therefore the FrSky transmitters and the Multiplex Royal EVO transmitters will be able to configured as Mode 1,2,3,4. I believe the Jeti transmitters are also assignable although I have not read through their entire manual.

The issue here is how flexible is the transmitter software. Some transmitter programs are fairly restrictive with lots of pre-set mixing. Transmitters like the Multiplex, FrSky and Jeti are design to be very flexible.
Last edited by SeismicCWave; Jun 19, 2019 at 12:09 AM.
Jun 19, 2019, 04:36 AM
Essex
Unfortunately it's not always that easy, especially with micro helis. If the servos are built into the receiver board (eg Solo Pro 100), you can't just swap the servo plugs round. And, as you also say, as radios are getting more complex nowadays, they often have mixes that involve specific named channels that you can't re-assign.
Aug 08, 2019, 05:39 PM

Jumper T8SG lite

Hi,

The Jumper T8SG lite admits any mode changes, mode 2 to mode 1,3,4.

[TIPS] JumperT8SG Lite をMode1にする! (9 min 29 sec)

(in Japanese, but you can easily understand the method by this movie).

My Jumper T8SG v2.0 plus, which covers many protocols, will soon arrive from Banggood. Then I will report the mode change, mode 2 to mode 1,3,4.
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Aug 08, 2019 at 05:46 PM.
Aug 18, 2019, 01:19 AM
Hi , my Jumper TS8SG v2.0 plus arrived one week ago . But, soon, it broke. According to some guy in Deviation forum, the USB memory inside needs to be reformatted. Since I do not know anything about deviation software, it took me 3~4 days for (software) repairing.

The method of repairing is very simple; just connect the transmitter (it is in a USB memory mode) with a Windows PC and format it (FAT format) slowly (not quick ), and copy a new software by the mouse drag.

The conversion of mode 2 transmitter to mode 1,3,4 is very easy by transmitter software setting. However, when the conversion to mode 1, 3, one must exchange the left and right stick boxes with each other though such a work is also easy as in the video above.

TS8SG v2.0 plus covers many important helicopter protocols, Walkera DEVO, Walkera2801, 2601, 2401, DSM2, DSMX, Futaba S-FHSS, Hisky, Esky150, ESky, etc..
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Aug 20, 2019 at 12:22 AM.

Quick Reply