Havent been around for a while.... - RC Groups
Nov 01, 2003, 11:28 PM

Havent been around for a while....

Hi folks! I used to frequent these halls a lot earlier this year. Got a little distracted with metal detecting (needed the distraction after I crashed my much beloved CAP 232).

I see a lot of new things have come up in the last 6 months. CBP liths, new micro brushless motors, the Astro Lith charger and more fires.

Just finished re-installing radio equipment on my Xtreme microjet project and cycling my TX packs.

See you soon at the field.

JT

PS "Im back!"
Last edited by BING!; Nov 01, 2003 at 11:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2003, 11:51 PM
Hey Bing! Good to hear from you! How is the weather in LA? I am not used to the cold up here (and it's only been down to the high 50s!). I am starting to go in the micro direction as there is a park next door that is just the right size. I have a little skeeter (smallrc) coming. The switchback is alive and well.

I miss the field at Sepulveda-haven't found anything quite like that yet around here.

-Jon
Nov 02, 2003, 12:02 AM
50's. I guess there will be no thermalling for you my friend. I remember when it got cold back in Manila, we would get sinkers. Sudden catastrophic downward wind shear. Lost a a plane or two that way.

Send pics of your micro stuff. I may be building a DLG. I saw a post on the Gambler which intrigues me. Its made by Wrights brothers. You and I have always wanted a DLG. This thing cost $ 60.00 in kit form, is laser cut and uses Solite. Thats about what we like to build.

See again sometime my friend.

JT