This thread is privately moderated by KCV6, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 14, 2012, 10:02 AM
lurking in the HOLE :)
Thread OP
Build Log

Cold weather, the Octo and it's mini me Quad

I'm finally in a position where both the Octo and the Quad are up and running at the same time. It's cold, the air is heavy and still conditions are rare during the day but I'm still flying at least once a day even if it's just over the house or down the park at the end of the street.

I'm starting to eye off some 22mm booms and some 50 size motors. Bigger is better
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2012, 11:30 AM
manual flying apologist
nice looking fleet.

that octo is serious.... AXI motors....

what is that gimbal? retracts?
May 14, 2012, 09:05 PM
lurking in the HOLE :)
Thread OP
Yep the retracts are Photohigher along with the AV200 gimbal. I also have the 360 kit for the AV200 which I have taken off for now.

Yep AXI motors, 2820/14's spinning 14x4.7 APC SF's. Really nice combo. About the only thing I do need to change is the ESC's. When they are behaving the ZTW's are ok, but they just don't seem to play nicely with the Hoverfly Pro. I have to cycle power sometimes to get them to initialize properly.

I might have to invest in a sport board for the Quad. It is such a nice flier on the Pro but probably overkill.

Mark

Quick Reply