May 13, 2012, 10:10 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Any experience with the UMX Carbon Cub?

I've been looking over the net info on the UMX Carbon Cub SS and it looks interesting. I have a rough landing strip so a tail dragger is appealing. Also, I have issues near the strip with trees so the flaps also seem like an interesting options. Any one out there with any experience with this aircraft yet?
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash King 2
I've been looking over the net info on the UMX Carbon Cub SS and it looks interesting. I have a rough landing strip so a tail dragger is appealing. Also, I have issues near the strip with trees so the flaps also seem like an interesting options. Any one out there with any experience with this aircraft yet?
It hasn't been released yet...

EDIT.......I stand corrected.
Last edited by restlessswind; May 15, 2012 at 01:58 AM.
May 14, 2012, 08:24 PM
Thread OP
Thanks much Pete. Lots of great reading. I enjoyed seeing how others have tweaked their CC. Sounds like a great plane. Thinking pretty serious about making it my next purchase...when available. Thanks again.
May 21, 2012, 10:08 AM
DX8 programming for UMX Carbon Cub:
System Menu
Wing Configuration: 1 Ail 1 Flap, Tail Normal
Switch Assignment: Flap switch: Gear channel, Gear switch: Inh
This lets my DX8 Flap switch work at Normal, Half, and Full Flaps on the Carbon Cub.
I had to reverse the Gear servo to make it straight.
Very important to make sure all Servo Travel is NOT over 100%.
Since the Carbon Cub uses a Y-Harness on it's two wing servos, on the DX8 use the Servo Offset to adjust both ailerons trim so it flights straight.

With full flaps at the park I can fly low and slow over the grass and circle under trees.
I take off from the basketball court or walkpath and land. A lot of fun at dusk with the LEDs.
I look forward to windy days at the park. The gyros and flaps down let me hover motionless into the wind like a kite. This is a great travel plane for vacations and getaway weekends.

SPECIAL NOTE:
When I buy a Ready To Fly micro from my local hobby shop, I bring my transmitter. When I bought my Carbon Cub, the first one in the store had a broken right aileron servo. The second one was fine. Bringing my Xtm saved me a long return drive.

-Rocky

Quick Reply