May 13, 2012, 08:39 PM
Novice RC'er
Thread OP

Honey Bee Helicopter Battery needed

Hello,
This is my first post to this site.
I have been given a helicopter that I'd like to get going but it didn't include a battery or charger.
It is an EK1H-E004 E-Sky Honey Bee.
I've seen where Nitroplanes.com list the components but are "out-of-stock".
Someone mentioned I may want to consider going with a LiPo setup but I don't know how to figure out if I can do that or not.
Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

James
Byron, Ga
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2012, 03:08 AM
Reduce the drama...
James;
Welcome to RC Groups!

Nitro Planes has a battery for the Honey Bee, only not by E-Sky.
I searched for 8.4v 650mAh NIMH
came up with these links

US
http://www.nitroplanes.com/hm-004-z-25.html
http://www.rctoyhouse.com/Esky_Spare...p/ek1-0100.htm
http://www.hobbypartz.com/hm-004-z-2...FQ9whwodmGOkgA
http://www.xheli.com/nimh84v650mah.html

Yes, folks have upgraded from NIMH to LIPO
My opinion:
A lot of issues to overcome to do it.
Pack voltages don't match
ESC isn't made to work with LIPO
Weight is different, unbalancing model

When you step into another model, choose one that's lipo.

Regards, and good flying
Rick
May 14, 2012, 05:10 PM
Novice RC'er
Thread OP
Rick,
Thanks, much, for the reply and assistance.
Now that you've put me on a batt-pack, I'd like together an opinion on a fairly reasonably priced charger.
Reputable brand?
Something dependable?
I'm just so new at this I have no ideas what brands I can trust...

I don't mind doing leg-work but have an idea that if I'd only ask, your experience can:
- save me time
- money
- and help me avoid getting something inferior

I'll probably progress into some LiPo craft in the near future so a charger that'd cover both these bases would probably be a prudent consideration at this time...

Thanks, again, for your time and input...

James
Byron, Ga
May 14, 2012, 10:37 PM
Reduce the drama...
This 8.4 volt charger is simple to use, inexpensive.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXNZZ9&P=8
Red light glows when battery is charging.
Flashes and emits a beeping tone when battery is charged
Powered by cigarette lighter type plug
May 18, 2012, 06:32 AM
PEMAC
an accucel 6 will charge your nimhs, and lipos once you move up to them. They aren't expensive but are well known and a good charger. Mine has worked well for years.
May 21, 2012, 04:52 PM
Novice RC'er
Thread OP

Honey Bee Helicopter Battery needed

Sean, thank you for your reply.
This may be what I'm looking and the price is certainly reasonable...

James
Byron, Ga
May 27, 2012, 09:42 PM
Novice RC'er
Thread OP

ESky ER672B needed?

Gentle Flyers,

As I continue to try and get this helicopter in the air, I'm wondering which is smart way to go.
I now have a charged batter for my EK1H-E004 E Sky Honey Bee but now I'm getting no response, whatsoever from the receiver(ESky ER672B).

Should I...?

- try to find the same receiver for this helicopter(if I can find one out there)?
- obtain a different receiver that's compatible with the ESKY ET104C  PPM - 4 Channel transmitter?
- get a new trans & receiver to install on the helicopter(if that is even feasible)?

What are my options? I simply don't what I can or cannot do to try and save this aircraft.

Input from you smart & experienced folks is desired...

Thanks,

James
Byron, Ga
May 27, 2012, 10:40 PM
Reduce the drama...
James
I started with a couple used helicopters (to learn from).
By the time I was done, I learned quite a bit while spending 3x the price of a brand new unit.
Go to a hobby shop that offers assistance in tuning helicopters for flight and buy a new machine. They will be more inclined to help you.
When you've mastered the new heli, you will be better able to decide if restoring someone else's mistakes is worth your interest and money.

The ESKY EK1H-E004 is manufacture discontinued.
Regards
Rick
May 30, 2012, 04:55 PM
Novice RC'er
Thread OP
Rick,
Mucho thanks for responding and your words of experience. I'm inclined to agree with you and I've made a purchase from the Classifieds section of this website that should facilitate my Heli training at a reduced cost.
Got a working(as I am told) Blade MCP & MSR micro along with a Spectrum DX7 for under $250.00. Buncha Extra Heli parts and batteries to boot.
Also am awaiting arrival of a used Phoenix to aid the training process(I hope,).
Either way, it's been very enjoyable, learning what I have, thus far...

Hope to see you in the air, zoon...

James

Quick Reply