May 12, 2012, 08:51 PM
Discussion

New gyrocopter model

Some of you know that we have discontinued the PT25. Today we are announcing the replacement model. It's called the MKII (Humpback)...at least for now. You never know, the name could change before the first shipment goes out. Anyway, it is based on the PT25 but with some improvements and changes.

The major highlights are:
1) Approx 30% reduction in the horizontal tail surface. We have found that a hugh horizontal stab just isn't needed.
2) The vertical fin and rudder have been reshaped and now has a larger rudder.
3) The top of the fuselage aft of the pylon has a more stylish 'curve' to it now, hench the nick name "Humpback".
4) The pylon has been reshaped for a more stylish look as well. Also the gimbal pivot point has been lowered by approx 1" to reduce the 'pendulum' effect at full power to reduce the pitching up problem.
5) the rudder servo has been moved to the rear of the fuselage to free up room in the radio compartment for 2.4 ghz RX's that have 2 receivers.
6) the pitch and roll servos are now mounted directly to the pylon core eliminating the need to come up with some hap hazard way of mounting the servos.
7) The head is new too. It's smaller then the Gen II head but larger than the Doozy head. Of course it's called the Gen III head and we tried a few variations untill before I was happy with it. It is compatible and interchangeable with the Gen II head kit.
8) The gimbal is just slightly different and is NOT backwards compatible with previous versions and it's also called Gen III gimbal kit.

We will have some at Muncie with intro pricing. We will be offering the show price to anyone who can't go to Muncie and will be in effect until we get back home from the fly-in. The only difference will be shipping costs (no shipping cost at Muncie). Shipping will begin sometime between May 17 -21. Anyone interested in the intro pricing can contact us directly at: flyingbalsa@bellsouth.net

(no price talk on the forum...at least from us)

See you in Muncie,
Mark
Last edited by PT Gyro; May 12, 2012 at 09:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2012, 08:58 PM
Nice looking model.............I hope you have another winner on your hands..........
May 12, 2012, 10:20 PM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
Looks nice Mark! We'll see it fly at Munice!
Joe
May 16, 2012, 09:13 AM
The first kit ships out today to England. The Humpback will not be on our website for a few more days yet...(I need help with posting pictures)

Mark
May 19, 2012, 06:22 PM

Mkii

Looks good Mark. I like the way you have improved the kit features..
I am at Joe Nall (Woodruff,SC) and will be heading for Muncie Sunday AM.

Jim
May 21, 2012, 04:04 AM

PT-2 New Model

Anyone interested in sharing the import costs to the UK? Maybe we can put together a bulk order and reduce the overall cost?
Jun 04, 2012, 10:53 PM

Last Call

The first batch of 24 Humpback kits has nearly sold out. Still have a few but the intro price will be going away soon, maybe by this coming weekend... Don't go by what you see on the website. Put a kit in the cart for the special price.

Mark
www.flyingbalsa.com
May 06, 2017, 07:10 AM
Looking for flying and set up info on a FlyingBalsa PT-25 autogyro if anyone can help.

Thanks,
paul