Nov 01, 2003, 04:18 PM
Thread OP

Humbly, my first build..."The Bubba-Boom Stick"

Only with the help and encouragement of the kind and knowledgeble people of the e-zone, I would like to humbly present my first build, ...named in honor of the person most responsible for making it happen, as he has done for SO MANY!

Mr. Boomerace.

This is the 'guts' of the plane, I can't do 'loose' wires, they hang-up on little limbs...I stuck two small 'hook' velcro's on the bottom of each servo housing. Then stuck two 'fuzzy' pcs. together that will 'span' the distance. It seemed to be the place the wiring wanted to go naturally.

I can remove all the electronics for use in another plane...by pulling on velcro.

The servo mounts are 'permanently' mounted with a touch of thick CA.
Last edited by bubbadice; Nov 01, 2003 at 11:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2003, 04:21 PM
Thread OP
Side view.
Nov 01, 2003, 04:26 PM
Thread OP
...and here's the "Bubba-Boom Stick"

...thanks guys for your help! Boomerace, DaveWCO, BrunswickOH, Wild Willy A, LcJ, Dr. Kiwi, and I know he's been pulling for me...the Basketcase.
Last edited by bubbadice; Nov 01, 2003 at 11:34 PM.
Nov 01, 2003, 04:38 PM
Thread OP
One more, thanks.
Last edited by bubbadice; Nov 01, 2003 at 08:51 PM.
Nov 01, 2003, 04:49 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
Very Nice!!!

The crosses on the tail don't seem to match, IMO.

Whens the maiden?
Nov 01, 2003, 04:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by Cam Galbraith
Very Nice!!!

The crosses on the tail don't seem to match, IMO.

Whens the maiden?
The BIG CROSSES are on the bottom of the wing, show up really nice against the white.

I also figured the crosses were a 'trademark' of the Slow-Stick. I almost didn't use them.

The maiden depends of a couple of things. Thanks Cam. Your post have been help along the way also!
bubba
Nov 01, 2003, 04:59 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
Anytime, Bubba, just return the favour when I'm old enough to gamble!
Nov 01, 2003, 05:34 PM
Thread OP
Cam, I'm not checking ID's, ...what kind of bankroll we talking here...

This pic shows the cross on the tail has something to relate to. You may have meant the cross didn't match the colors/scheme? Maybe you'll like it better seeing how the crosses on the bottom of the wing will tie it all together when in the air. I put the crosses on the bottom of the wing instead of top to be able to see the plane to be honest.
The silver top wing shines like crazy in the Sun, and the flourescent yellow seems to show well too.

Ironically, the pic is taken on top of the dumpster outside my Apt. , ...where FOUR of my previous RTF's have ended. I'm down to one Aerobird left.....and my new baby!

I shouldn't even have let my 'baby' touch that dumpster! Ha.
bubba

Ok, that's it for the pics.
I gotta get some wheels, ...and I think I put those on back-wards!
Last edited by bubbadice; Nov 01, 2003 at 11:12 PM.
Nov 01, 2003, 06:06 PM
Crash Master
Looks good there, Bubba. Maybe putting on the dumpster kinda 'Predisters' it... Kinda like a flu shot

Good luck with it!
Nov 01, 2003, 07:54 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Bubba,
It be beautiful.

Get a lemon to help git the grin off your face.

Peace,
LcJ
Nov 01, 2003, 08:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by genebond
Maybe putting on the dumpster kinda 'Predisters' it... Kinda like a flu shot
Said like Carl (Billy Bob Thorton) from the movie... "Slingblade"...

"Ummm hhmmm...I like the way you talk".

LcJ, you just made the grin BIGGER!
bubba
Last edited by bubbadice; Nov 01, 2003 at 11:15 PM.
Nov 01, 2003, 08:31 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Looks great Bubba, Glad you got it together!!!! Don't forget, there's nothing you can do to that plane that can't be fixed Let us know how the maiden goes!! I've got a plane of my own to maiden tomorrow, hoping for a nice day!!!
Nov 01, 2003, 08:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by BrunswickOH
Looks great Bubba, Glad you got it together!!!! Don't forget, there's nothing you can do to that plane that can't be fixed Let us know how the maiden goes!! I've got a plane of my own to maiden tomorrow, hoping for a nice day!!!
Thanks!, I know it's an easy build, but it's my first!

Goodluck with your maiden, I've got a PM out to a local flyer here, if I can get with him, I'll let him check it over and maiden/trim it. But hey, I get up in the morning and feel lucky, ...you never know. Like you said, "nothing that can't be fixed".
bubba

btw, I've never ROG, just HL'd, if I go it alone do you think I should stay with Hand-launching?
Last edited by bubbadice; Nov 01, 2003 at 09:01 PM.
Nov 01, 2003, 08:45 PM
John 3:16
Bubba, that SS looks great! I was out flying mine this afternoon, yesterday, the day before.... You will love it. I don't think the inside of the dumpster will see that plane. It's like a Timex, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking........er a "flying". Congratulations!!!
Daddy-O
Nov 01, 2003, 09:10 PM
Bubba
What kind of battery pack are you using?
Looks like Sub C like in a r/c car.
I was just wondering how much weight a SS can handle.
Thanks
Ben

Quick Reply