Thread Tools
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:22 AM
jalves is offline
Find More Posts by jalves
Registered User
jalves's Avatar
The software has now evolved to alpha stage.

It is now a reliable Antenna Tracker, manage to increase the Tracker servo refresh frequency and it is now well tested.

Still, it has margin to progress, sometimes (rarely) the arduino do a reboot if the audio channel become very disrupted, don't know yet how to prevent this reboot. Bear in mind that this happen if the audio link is continuously disrupted for a long time.



Here it is the proof of the concept:
360DegreesAroundBase_AlfaVersion Demo (1 min 48 sec)

(Grips, this one was thought to answer to your remarks)

The major problem detected so far is the use the audio channel to carry the telemetry, this link is disrupted well before the video channel does, thus video telemetry is the next step for me.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:53 AM
rimshotcopter is offline
Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
How about adding a search routine based upon the signal strength of the Video as a backup?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ignal+strength
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:21 AM
msev is offline
Find More Posts by msev
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalves View Post
The major problem detected so far is the use the audio channel to carry the telemetry, this link is disrupted well before the video channel does, thus video telemetry is the next step for me.

Very cool, anxiously awaiting what results are you going to get with that route ...In the "groundstation arduino" will you use lm1881 also?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:23 AM
msev is offline
Find More Posts by msev
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter View Post
How about adding a search routine based upon the signal strength of the Video as a backup?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ignal+strength
These kind of arduino project is already present and code is available (its on a german webpage), if you want I can send you a link.

I'm more interested in Jalves's "video telemetry" route, because it is well proven in numerous projects. (incl. dakar+lynx)
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:24 AM
rimshotcopter is offline
Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
These kind of arduino project is already present and code is available (its on a german webpage), if you want I can send you a link.
It would be NICE to incorporate the RSSI signal Strength tracking into this Antenna system IMO as a backup, when all else fails.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 12:20 PM
jalves is offline
Find More Posts by jalves
Registered User
jalves's Avatar
New Wiki page: HowToUse
Old Jun 03, 2012, 12:31 PM
rimshotcopter is offline
Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalves View Post
New Wiki page: HowToUse
This is awesome, thank you.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 12:41 PM
jalves is offline
Find More Posts by jalves
Registered User
jalves's Avatar
Rims,

Did you check if your video Tx/Rx invert the audio signal?

I have here a 1.2GHz system that invert the signal, thus it is necessary to invert the signal before feeding it to the arduino in the ground.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 12:44 PM
jalves is offline
Find More Posts by jalves
Registered User
jalves's Avatar
I was writing the HowToUSe wiki when I thought that I could add a beeper that beep whenever a corrupted package arrive, and reserve the led only to the HOME definition.

After all the goggles don't let us to check the led...
Old Jun 03, 2012, 12:48 PM
rimshotcopter is offline
Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalves View Post
I was writing the HowToUSe wiki when I thought that I could add a beeper that beep whenever a corrupted package arrive, and reserve the led only to the HOME definition.

After all the goggles don't let us to check the led...
That is a good idea in my opinion.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 12:50 PM
rimshotcopter is offline
Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalves View Post
Rims,

Did you check if your video Tx/Rx invert the audio signal?

I have here a 1.2GHz system that invert the signal, thus it is necessary to invert the signal before feeding it to the arduino in the ground.
I have not tried it yet, still in the building process. Question, by chance, would you know where the RSSI signal is on this RX?

Thank you.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:50 PM
Martin Y is online now
Find More Posts by Martin Y
400' ..... NOT
Martin Y's Avatar
You would have to take the module out, read the number on the back then find it on the internet to get the pin out diagram. Then make a buffer for the rssi or you will load the rx down.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:53 PM
jalves is offline
Find More Posts by jalves
Registered User
jalves's Avatar
nope...
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:53 PM
rimshotcopter is offline
Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Thank you Martin, I put the cover back on but it is coming off again.

I actually have a buffer ready.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:01 PM
IceWind is offline
Find More Posts by IceWind
throw new IOPilotException();
IceWind's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter View Post
I have not tried it yet, still in the building process. Question, by chance, would you know where the RSSI signal is on this RX?

Thank you.
If that tuner is the same as mine, it has no RSSI pin and you'll need to solder it.
I'll see if I can find a photo I took when I did that to mine.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! LRS/UHF/XPS for Aurora 9, and 1.3ghz Antenna Tracker. Eagleeyes or Skylark? daign FPV Talk 2 May 17, 2012 04:36 PM
Sold 360 Servo for (Antenna Tracker or PAN).....NEW crd FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Apr 15, 2012 06:39 PM
Sold RVGS Antenna Tracker scrape FPV Equipment (FS/W) 0 Apr 01, 2012 12:18 AM
Sold Antenna Pan/Tilt for Antenna Tracker w/ MG Servos imagebuff FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Mar 20, 2012 03:26 AM
Sold Servo City Heavy Duty Pan / Tilt for antenna tracker w EZ Antenna Tracker thefokker FPV Equipment (FS/W) 4 Sep 08, 2011 08:53 AM