This thread is privately moderated by surf1punk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 11, 2012, 10:34 AM
RC FPVer
Thread OP
Discussion

FPV Skywalker Build Journal Updates

I've been documenting my first FPV plane build, the Skywalker, on my website.
I'm nearly complete and have hundreds of photos and pages of information now. Take a look, maybe you can get a few ideas! I'm going to FPV maiden the plane soon!

http://www.andygraber.com/what-i-do/...ld-journal-pt1

I've also created a page dedicated to the electronics side of the build that I'm updating.
http://www.andygraber.com/what-i-do/...he-electronics

I've just received my Fat Shark Dominators as well, check out the pictures and info!
http://www.andygraber.com/what-i-do/...ark-dominators

Videos of the maiden test flight
Maiden flight of the Skywalker V4 - HobbyKing (2 min 59 sec)

Onboard the Skywalker - Maiden Test Flight (3 min 3 sec)
Last edited by surf1punk; May 11, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2012, 11:03 AM
Hi Andy,
Checked out your web sight few weeks ago, has lots of info.Great pictures. Thanks for taking the time to document your build.
May 11, 2012, 12:33 PM
RC FPVer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by miknce
Hi Andy,
Checked out your web sight few weeks ago, has lots of info.Great pictures. Thanks for taking the time to document your build.
You're welcome, glad you like it!
May 11, 2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks Andy, I'm working out my first FPV build, great info
Oct 30, 2012, 10:23 AM
wow, beautiful pro build

I had a question on the hinges. which ones are they and how do you like them?
Oct 30, 2012, 04:44 PM
RC FPVer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10inja
wow, beautiful pro build

I had a question on the hinges. which ones are they and how do you like them?
Glad you like it, the hinges are just some standard pin hinges, I think I picked them up at a local hobby shop, but you can get them many places online too.
I like them for their looks and function, they do leave a little gap between the wing and aileron for example, but doesn't seem to be a huge deal. If I did it again I may try to embed the hinge just a little more to minimize any gap.
Oct 30, 2012, 05:13 PM
cool, thanks for the tips, I'm building one now, and just used clear tape as hinges, but don't like em, I'm going to order some of those hinges as they seem much better (I found the robart pin hing point 1/8" on some websites)
thanks for sharing and excellent work, I've used your build to help me with my build

Quick Reply