Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 14, 2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Personally I have used Sky Lipos and Blue Lipos from HobbyPartz. Both are junk. Out of the 10 combined in various sizes that I bought in the last 18 months, only one 2200 3s still works and I only get about 4:30 mins with it sport flying. I recommend in this order:
1) Gen Ace
2) Nano-techs
3) Turnigy
4) Zippy (got one with a cold solder joint that would cause a connection break error on the charger. Fixed myself)
Wow, you got 18 months out of a battery I've tried GensAce,BlueLipo, Skylipo, and the Turnigy. All ok batteries except the SkyLipo that seems to get 30% less flight time. I have some that are getting close to a year but I don't expect much more from them.
Oh yeah, I've heard that GensAce are Thunder Power w/o a warranty?
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2012, 10:44 AM
Take my money already
i would like to know what you guys are doing to kill these packs in a short time . i still have my max amp , tenergy (batteryspace pack) and a lot of blue lipos , and hobbyking packs . maxamps and tenengy packs are from 2007 and still ballance charging fine .
the only thing i do is charge them at 1C though . maybe fast charging is killing them sooner ??? i have only had 3 hobbyking turnegy packs come in DOA, but i dont count those since i never used them .
May 14, 2012, 11:07 AM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
i would like to know what you guys are doing to kill these packs in a short time . i still have my max amp , tenergy (batteryspace pack) and a lot of blue lipos , and hobbyking packs . maxamps and tenengy packs are from 2007 and still ballance charging fine .
the only thing i do is charge them at 1C though . maybe fast charging is killing them sooner ??? i have only had 3 hobbyking turnegy packs come in DOA, but i dont count those since i never used them .
It's because there is no objective measurement of when a pack is really dead. They "lose punch" over time, but if you don't care about punch because you're flying a trainer or something, you won't notice it, and you would rate that pack "fine" and keep using it.
May 15, 2012, 07:59 AM
Take my money already
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
It's because there is no objective measurement of when a pack is really dead. They "lose punch" over time, but if you don't care about punch because you're flying a trainer or something, you won't notice it, and you would rate that pack "fine" and keep using it.
for me i guess what you call "punch" they balance charge to 4.16v and last in the air in a 450 or 500 heli for 4 to 5 min (2 year old battery mind you) then they have punch . so it is either the newer batteries arent holding a charge or the chargers are destroying the batteries
May 15, 2012, 08:17 AM
PEMAC
I've used mainly the Turnigy packs and generally get about 1-2 years use flying them 2-3 times a week (~200 charges). Pretty happy with them, and the 30 or 40C have plenty of punch.

Nanotechs have even more punch, but have only owned them for 6 months. Still going strong.

I make sure I don't leave them charged all week or overwork them till they're too hot and charge at rated C. Taking care of batts has to help their lifespan.
May 15, 2012, 08:21 AM
PEMAC
Also got rid of my ebay $30 charger, as when checked with a mm it was charging cell 3 to 4.26!
Got an icharger instead and that will certainly help lifespan, plus I can check cell resistance.
Last edited by SleepySean; May 15, 2012 at 09:58 AM.