New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2012, 09:06 AM
Find More Posts by squigg
What goes around comes around.
Discussion

+hexa vs v-hexa

Having flown plus hexas for a while now im wondering what the differences would be if i change to a v-hex configuration. Are there any handling differences etc?
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 11:21 AM
Find More Posts by h2ohsng
V hexa what does this look like?? dale
Old May 10, 2012, 11:24 AM
Find More Posts by Earl E Adobtr
Quote:
Originally Posted by squigg View Post
Having flown plus hexas for a while now im wondering what the differences would be if i change to a v-hex configuration. Are there any handling differences etc?
I'm flying both configs using identical frames. So far I can't find any flight characteristics that are different between the two. The two minor differences are that you can't update to older firmware with the xhex but you get a better camera view.
Old May 10, 2012, 01:17 PM
Find More Posts by RC Man
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ohsng View Post
V hexa what does this look like?? dale
Most call it X Hexa. That seams to be the trend for frame makers. I have always liked X mode quads, hexas and octos better than + mode.

Old May 11, 2012, 02:27 AM
Find More Posts by Adidas4275
manual flying apologist
I think the only real benefit is the fact that you might get the booms out of the view of the camera if your using a gimbal.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:57 AM
Find More Posts by squigg
What goes around comes around.
Thanks for the feedback, think i will just have to give it a go then.