Aug 02, 2015, 12:57 AM
Born Again Idiot
Excellent video AvB, don't DS but I really enjoyed that.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2015, 03:37 PM
I managed my maiden flight of the K2M on a new hill on the straights of Gibraltar, southern Spain. I have only managed to DS on one slope so far with very rare winds, now I have found a new slope in an area known for high winds all year round.

See towards the end, I miraculously recovered from a wing clip, the wing did not even get a dent.

Thanks Spencer for your creation and your help.

Kinetic K 2M - Maiden Flight (6 min 13 sec)
Aug 02, 2015, 04:12 PM
Auzzie built planks
Wow , top flying . Great to watch over my breakfast , thanks.
And welcome to groups and looking forward to seeing what you do in some big wind at your new spot , as you sure do fly awesome

Tim
Latest blog entry: More colours
Aug 02, 2015, 04:37 PM
a wing is enough
You filmed with a helmet camera?
Then ...respect for flying DS out of sight at 5:03
I hope you have still the eg for this great DS flying, respectful

Regards, Uwe
Aug 02, 2015, 10:44 PM
Nice flying Karim! Glad to see you got your K2m in the air... The launch looked like a non-event. What would you guess was the wind speed?

I'd say with that video you've already put Spain on the DS map! How fast do you think you were going? I'd guess somewhere in the mid 200s but its hard to tell from just video at an unfamiliar site. It was fun watching the acceleration when you pulled the tight laps! Now you just need a helmet mount for a radar gun ;o)

Sure is cool to see DS working its way into so many diferent parts of the world these days. Keep us posted on your progress.

Spencer
Aug 02, 2015, 11:52 PM
DS= -$ & :-)
Very nice! You have a great looking windy site, fantastic plane and some amazing skills. That wingtip through the bushes and then save with no damage was so cool to see! Congratulations, can't wait to see more from you.
Aug 03, 2015, 02:08 AM
Filming with a GoPro on my head, if there were someone else they would be holding the radar gun no doubt.

Wind speeds were about 20 - 25mph, that spot is known for typical winds of 30 - 40mph and more.

Not sure of my speed, but I am pretty sure it is over 180mph.

I am ignored in the Spanish forums regarding anything to do with DS, I have had no feedback from anyone about DSing so far, so thanks for your comments and support.
Last edited by primitivebow; Aug 07, 2015 at 01:48 AM.
Aug 03, 2015, 07:47 PM
making my own planes...
Karim,

You're not alone being by yourself with gopro helmet, wind and k2m
Welcome To DS world!

André
Aug 04, 2015, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by primitivebow
I managed my maiden flight of the K2M on a new hill on the straights of Gibraltar, southern Spain. I have only managed to DS on one slope so far with very rare winds, now I have found a new slope in an area known for high winds all year round.

See towards the end, I miraculously recovered from a wing clip, the wing did not even get a dent.

Thanks Spencer for your creation and your help.

https://youtu.be/KsHG2TVW2Hs
Ole!
Aug 06, 2015, 10:50 PM
U down with EPP? Ya U know me!
6 Cell Power (4 min 9 sec)
Aug 10, 2015, 02:05 PM
Wow, pretty impressive, now that's a hotliner... Love the sound! That must be 1.5-2kW right there?
Aug 10, 2015, 08:12 PM
making my own planes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzie
Wow, pretty impressive, now that's a hotliner... Love the sound! That must be 1.5-2kW right there?
no way, at least 5kw
Aug 10, 2015, 11:36 PM
Haha, well that would explain a lot...
Aug 13, 2015, 09:40 AM
Karim, congratulations on your Kinetic. I'm saving for one now. Thanks for the inspiration. I got the chance to see two of them at the Cape Blanco Slopefest. They sure are an impressive plane. That aspect ration is something else. Can't wait to see some videos on your new hill. Keep it up!
Aug 13, 2015, 06:46 PM
Thank you for you kind words.
Yes, the Kinetic is amazing!! I have only had two flights so far, I had to abort my second flight due to the migratory birds of prey. Waiting for the birds to pass and the big winds to roll in.
Will keep you posted.

Quick Reply