May 09, 2012, 11:38 AM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Discussion

2012 NEAT Fair, Downsville, NY Sept 13-16

HI Gang

Until we get moved into the special events section, I will use this thread for info about the show. As always you can find more info at www.neatfair.org.

We are about a week away from opening the website for pilot pre-registration, volunteer registration and demo requests. I wil post again here when we "go live" sometime around the 18th of May.

There are no signiifcant changes to the show this year with one exception.

Any flightline pit area found not occupied by Friday morning at 9am will be dismantled and given to the next lucky attendee. As we all know, flightline spots are at a premium and we cannot have them go unused for even a short time, especially early on in the show.

Only pre-registered pilots will be allowed to set up on the flightline before thursday morning AND they must be staying on the property somewhere from the time their stuff is dropped on the flightline. There will be NO "drop and go" again this year.

Thanks
Tom and the NEAT Gang
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2012, 11:45 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Paypal ready.
May 09, 2012, 01:35 PM
Team Horizon
Looking forward to seeing you all out there!!
May 10, 2012, 09:55 PM
Cool beans!
Tom,

Awesome! You can tell when summer is coming around when NEAT Fair registration opens! Wahoo!

We've got our big top already reserved, and we're already thinking of all the cool things we're going to do this year. Thankfully between now and then we'll have several months of great flying weather, and lots of other fly-ins. And time to get NEAT projects wrapped up

Hopefully I'll see you and the the rest of the SEFLI guys at Lehigh, and I'm going to try and make the ride up to the BCSF fly-in with a couple of other JCSF guys.

It's amazing how time flies - this will be NEAT #10 for me (yeah, I managed to miss the first few...).

Rob
May 11, 2012, 06:15 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
This flying season will be awesome!!!!!

CASA Spring Sizzle jMay 28-29
Lehigh June 2-3
Warwick BCSF June 16 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1609508
Colts Neck July 7
Loudoun County Aeromodelers 13th Annual E Flyin on July 28
NEAT!!!!!
Last edited by dr.E; Jun 04, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
May 12, 2012, 09:08 PM
Now ! Now!
Tom
May 13, 2012, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E
This flying season will be awesome!!!!!

CASA Spring Sizzle jMay 28-29
Lehigh June 2-3
Warwick BCSF June 16 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1609508
Colts Neck June 30
NEAT!!!!!
I just checked the JCSF site, Colt's Neck is still July 7th, unfortunately the same day as the Lehigh EDF and Pusher Jet day.
RE
Last edited by Edmonds; May 13, 2012 at 02:18 AM.
May 13, 2012, 03:31 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingaS2
Now ! Now!
Tom
Can't yet... still waiting for some quotes from suppliers. Probably by the end of the week (may 18th)
May 13, 2012, 10:11 PM
Cool beans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmonds
I just checked the JCSF site, Colt's Neck is still July 7th, unfortunately the same day as the Lehigh EDF and Pusher Jet day.
RE
Sorry Rob - I saw the date and was wondering if someone had made a change Yeah, we'll be getting together 7/7 - hope to see you there, or I'll catch you at one of the other upcoming events!

Rob
May 15, 2012, 11:11 AM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
OK Guys

website is open! www.neatfair.org

Tomorrow I will be sending out bulk emails to all previous pre-reg pilots that are still have a ligitimate email in our on-line DB. You may also get one from the NEAT Fair email address book that you can ignore too!

Vendor invitations will go out a little later in the week.

Thanks
Tom
May 15, 2012, 03:45 PM
Kit Manufacturer
heh heh I signed up before lunch! PayPal'd and everything SWEET!! And I'm bringing an RV so I get to Night Fly this year!! Might even remember to sign up for a RCG Badge!
May 15, 2012, 04:01 PM
Cool beans!
Ditto - all signed up - got my t-shirts reserved - and submitted my volunteer hours (hint hint to everyone else ). Life is good!

I'll be honest though - I was sorry to hear that the Friday night Roscoe dinner is history. That was always a great time, good food, and a warm dry place in case of adverse weather. However, I guess this also opens up some other possibilities

Rob
May 15, 2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
I'll be honest though - I was sorry to hear that the Friday night Roscoe dinner is history. That was always a great time, good food, and a warm dry place in case of adverse weather. However, I guess this also opens up some other possibilities

Rob
Like moving the voulenteers dinner to Friday so it doesn't conflict with the indoor flying (hint hint to Tom).

Pete
May 15, 2012, 04:53 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
Like moving the voulenteers dinner to Friday so it doesn't conflict with the indoor flying (hint hint to Tom).

Pete
we can do that if you like.

Tom
May 15, 2012, 05:52 PM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Looking forward to getting my deep fried oreo fix on.... oh and flying too.

-Bill

Quick Reply