Sep 30, 2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone
Hi David

This is almost a direct extract from the "Install Guide" on the Android Tablet. I have not translated it.

Start Install

Check Data is connected. If connected click next

Step 1 : Please press the button "Channel Alignment" and confirm it, and then push/pull all pole positions of the RC Tx to the maximum and minimum of the leftmost/rightmost within 5 seconds. After 5 seconds the AP will finish the auto collection. Please confirm whether the manual operation and real RC operation displayed in "Data Interface" keep coincidency when moving any operating level. Only go to the next step after confirming that they are coincident.

Step 2: Check CH5/CH6 and set FS

Please carefully confirm whether the CH5/CH6 channel is correct: check whether the flight status bar on the GCS interface is switched to "Manual" "Circle Position" "Auto waypoint circling" and "back Landing" when moving CH5/CH6.
Set the FS of RC Tx as CH5=position 3, Channel 6: position 3, Thr is near the middle position and check whther the flight status is "Back Landing" by powering off the RC Tx.

Step 3: ESC stroke calibration

Please get into the settings first (Flight status displays "Settings", break the pole as V shaped to open throttle insurance and push the THR pole position to the maximum within 5 seconds, power on the ESC after completing above operation. Pull the throttle pole back to minimum after a prompt sound from the ESC. After completing the ESC stroke calibration please exit the settings, and get into next step.

Step 4: Set craft styles and parameters

Please read the user manual carefully, fill in correct parameters and recheck it. Push the throttle after breaking the pole and check whether the mixing control method is correct after starting the motors

Step 5: Check the installing directions of the IMU/GPS

Step 6: Complete magnetic calibration in outdoor space
Rob, fixed...I tried to overlay your detail onto the same set-up details via the PC GCS and it was difficult and non-successful. I then decided to install Bluestacks on the PC and carry out the set-up using the Androids App.on Bluestacks...immediate success and I am now a happier person. There appears to be an important piece of the set-up coding in the PC GCS that does not work as designed and described and I think that Zero tech have a bit of work to do here...fortunately all it has cost me on this occasion is 1 broken prop and some time. Hey though many thanks for you and Mr-westie listening to me and giving me food for thought.

Regards
David.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.scarbrow
Rob, fixed...I tried to overlay your detail onto the same set-up details via the PC GCS and it was difficult and non-successful. I then decided to install Bluestacks on the PC and carry out the set-up using the Androids App.on Bluestacks...immediate success and I am now a happier person. There appears to be an important piece of the set-up coding in the PC GCS that does not work as designed and described and I think that Zero tech have a bit of work to do here...fortunately all it has cost me on this occasion is 1 broken prop and some time. Hey though many thanks for you and Mr-westie listening to me and giving me food for thought.

Regards
David.
Hi David....Its a pleasure....
Sep 30, 2012, 06:04 PM
Down under under
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553
Maybe your craft has one crash to many maybe the gyros is hay wire.

I would sugest mount the GPS the way it is intent to be mounted on the pole post.

Do a fresh build motors right way up and start from scratch and take it step by step.

Or invest In a

Copter airbag system LOL
That would be the logical explanation.
But, if gyros were bad, we should have seen it in the GCS?
ie attitude of craft being reported incorrectly, causing one of the known shutdown triggers.
Unless there is another shutdown condition that is not shown in GCS.
In which case it could happen to anyone without warning.
A crash known condition without any warning is very poor form.
Known crash condition with warnings that aren't published is bad enough.
Although not surprising after experiencing the other bugs.

GPS location, if I was getting bad Velx/y/d values then definitely on the post.
Testing on the ground and in the air showed the current location was sufficient.
The ali plate between it and the FC helps.

Airbag, in on my list of things to look at.
Not sure if a car one could be stripped down enough to be useful.
Cheap enough on ebay for <$50.
I don't think I had enough altitude for this to have worked.
http://ecilop.tv/shop/parachutes.phtml

Lessoned learned.
Always fly with the mindset it can drop out of the sky at ANYTIME.
No matter how much the system has earned your trust.
Be it from numerous successful flights or from paying a premium price.
Had I been in that mindset I would have hovered it over the softer landing area of the grass.

I do have two alternative GPS enabled FC on order.
Let see how MultiWii and MegaPirate compares.
I know the Position/Altitude Hold won't be as good.
As long as it does not drop my coptor out of the air without warning I will be happy.
Also a new set of motors/esc to use.

david.scarbrow, glad we can help
Sep 30, 2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
I checked the Manual and that is what it says. I would however prefer mine to go straight to Back Landing if it lost signal, and I have set it up as per the instructions on the Android install guide.
Thanks for the reply Rob.
Sep 30, 2012, 10:16 PM
Down under under
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie
$5 in replacement components
1 hr with on the bench.

Buggy firmware - Priceless
Parts replaced, still no go.
FC now responds on com1.
Nothing else.
Scope shows no comms between the GPS or IMU.

RIP.

Won't get much service from zero for a few days while they are on holiday till at least the 7th?
http://www.chinahighlights.com/news/...ule-2012.htm#6.
I just got an order out from himodel via DHL but now stuck in China customs
Sep 30, 2012, 10:33 PM

Imu problem

This is annoying, I just bought it and the Xekf Vel value starts going like crazy to 20,000. I tried zero gyro and nothing is working, I cannot get the parameters from the ys-x6, I can get the position of gps and all of that but everything else is not working, I get blinking red lights (searching for sats...) and a white light flashing... heres the video.. http://www.youtube.com/watchv=VgALs_...1&feature=plcp
Sep 30, 2012, 11:41 PM
Down under under
Have you done a compass/magnetic calibration?

edit: "video not found" error
Oct 01, 2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
I see you IMU is sitting below your Main Controller. The is a lot if EMi below the MC so rather put your IMU on top of the MC. If located below the MC, it has been know to cause interference and difficulties in calibrating

Are you using the sponge under the IMU. If so remove it and use double sided tape.

Try recalibrating the throttle range again. Have you zeroed your gyro's

Take off in Manual mode 1 first and see if it works. I find that flying in Manual Mode 2 (Altitude hold mode) it sometimes moves to the right when taking off. I now only take off and fly in Manual mode 1 as this is the Attitude mode, and then move directly to Position Hold mode when needed.

Edit: I have read that the MT3506 has timing issues using different esc's and Club Heli have this on the website "Please note that our Technical Support Team recommends that these motors operate best when you use a "HIGH" timing for the PWM ESCs. We are also finding that they do NOT work with some MK i2c speed controllers." Maybe this is your problem. Personally I try and keep away from pancake motors.

Edit2: Your maximum thrust for those motors with the props that you are using is about 890g (I used 12x3.8 as no data for 12x6) so using the empirical formula of 50% of max thrust the max AUW you can carry is 1780g, which means you almost at you max AUW, which is not desirable. http://www.rctigermotor.com/show.php?contentid=142

Rob
Hi Rob .thks for answere. I calibrate ESC without YS-X6, I conect ESC to reciver directly and calibrat it one by one . I use this ESC http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=201. I change the propeller to 13x4.7 and now it take off in 55% thruttle, but the problem it is.
and about IMU direction , I view how in this
YS-X6 Installation Video.wmv (11 min 19 sec)
video zero instal it
Oct 01, 2012, 01:51 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor

Samsung galaxy tab help

I need some help i have samsung galaxy tab2 GT-P3100 want to setup it without using a router with the hotspot wifi.

Can someone that use their tablet as a hotspot help me to connect .

Need to change the ip address it does connect to ysx6 wifi unit but it does not show any date has to do with the ip address.

On my iphone their is a buton netinfo but i dont see it on the anroid ysx6 software on my tab.
My address on my iphone is 192.168.1.254
When i connect with a laptop to my tablet i get ip address like 192.168.43.xxx

How do i change ip address on samsung tablet?
Oct 01, 2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturARM
Hi Rob .thks for answere. I calibrate ESC without YS-X6, I conect ESC to reciver directly and calibrat it one by one . I use this ESC http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=201. I change the propeller to 13x4.7 and now it take off in 55% thruttle, but the problem it is.
and about IMU direction , I view how in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqqpbhFZb7E video zero instal it
Have you calibrated your ESC Stroke calibration like this ?

Step 3: ESC stroke calibration

Please get into the settings first (Flight status displays "Settings", break the pole as V shaped to open throttle insurance and push the THR pole position to the maximum within 5 seconds, power on the ESC after completing above operation. Pull the throttle pole back to minimum after a prompt sound from the ESC. After completing the ESC stroke calibration please exit the settings, and get into next step.

Did you try and take off in Manual mode 1? Because when taking off in other modes you do have to use more throttle to take off.

I see the IMU in the video is located under the AP box. I have known a few people who have had issues with that location, so it would be my recomendation not to put it below the AP
Oct 02, 2012, 02:13 AM
Quote:
I need some help i have samsung galaxy tab2 GT-P3100 want to setup it without using a router with the hotspot wifi.

Can someone that use their tablet as a hotspot help me to connect .

Need to change the ip address it does connect to ysx6 wifi unit but it does not show any date has to do with the ip address.

On my iphone their is a buton netinfo but i dont see it on the anroid ysx6 software on my tab.
My address on my iphone is 192.168.1.254
When i connect with a laptop to my tablet i get ip address like 192.168.43.xxx

How do i change ip address on samsung tablet?
Hi Andre

I got this info from a reliable source ( NicWilke). Have not tried it myself as I do not have a Samsung.

Change the IP range on the WiFi unit.
First be sure that you have connection to the WiFi-link, easiest to use a router and your PC on the existing YS-X6-XXXXX network we have all made up. Then in your we browser, type URL as 192.168.1.254 this wil show you the login screen of the wifi link.
*username* and *password* are the same: "admin"

Once inside the wifi link, Change on the top to English for easier reading

At the top right of the screen, go to *setup* (3rd link accross) and then scroll down and change the* local IP* to your desired IP address and press SAVE (for the Galaxy series TAB2/S3 make it: 192.168.43.254 )

Re-power the wifi unit and you should be able to connect directly your Samsung or any other device that use the same IP range x.x.43.x I use an app called FoxFi, its simply an app to shortcut the 'activation' of the hotspot.
If you have any issues in connecting the phone to the ground datalink via the wifi module, you may need to go into the GCS app, and in the settings (network settings) change the network IP to 192.168.43.254.

Cheers
Rob
Oct 02, 2012, 02:54 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
the problem is i canot login on the browser it does not show me the login screen.

this is my steps.

1. i go to my galaxy tab Settings-
more
Tethering and portable hotspot and switch it ON

2. I power the ysx6 electronics

3. ysx6 wifi blue led turn solid blue

4. this step is where i lost it
I go to my tab internet browser and type in 192.168.1.254 nothing happens?

i also try to connect with my imac pc to the tablet wifi hotspot and type in also 192.168.1.254 nothing happens?

I canot get into the login screen.
Last edited by Andre6553; Oct 02, 2012 at 03:02 AM.
Oct 02, 2012, 03:51 AM
Quote:
the problem is i canot login on the browser it does not show me the login screen.

this is my steps.

more

i also try to connect with my imac pc to the tablet wifi hotspot and type in also 192.168.1.254 nothing happens?

Andre

Bring it around to me and I will set it up from my router. You need the router to get access to your wifi module....see the 1st step of Nic's

Rob
Oct 02, 2012, 03:51 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Quote:

this is my steps.

more

You have to go to the advanced tethering settings and make sure you tablet is in the same IP range (192.168.1.xxx) as the YS-X6 wifi router.

Edit. Hmm. I just looked on my phone (Galaxy S3). Seems there is no option that I can find to set the IP range used for tethering. Will look some more into it, but kinda hopeless if so.
Last edited by jab; Oct 02, 2012 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Added some more info:
Oct 02, 2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:

this is my steps.

more

Andre,
Connect onto the YS-X6-XXXXX network as usual, so YES, connect the system as if you were going to fly etc. Then use a PC to connect to the same network. Then follow the steps.

Quick Reply