May 08, 2012, 06:37 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
Thread OP
Discussion

Battery Fell Out Of Tx !!! ONE MORE PREFLIGHT CHECK TO DO!!!

As I was landing my Radian, I was surprised to suddenly lose all control of the plane. Fortunately, I was at a large soccer field and it landed itself without any damage.

I was wondering what went wrong when suddenly I noticed that the battery box cover was missing, as was one of the AA batteries!

I retraced my steps and found the missing battery. Finding the hatch cover was another story altogether. I searched and searched the soccer field to no avail. Giving up, I walked back to the car and saw the cover laying on the walkway!

That cover had fallen off hundreds of feet from where the battery fell out! This means that I was flying without the battery box cover for at least 20 minutes! I would have LOST my Radian if that battery had fallen out a minute sooner!!!

On closer inspection, it was obvious that the prong on the cover needed to be bent slightly to securely close the hatch. Sure wish it had a screw through the cover like the battery hatches on my grandson's toys do.

A loose battery hatch cover was something I never thought of checking ... but I sure do now!
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2012, 08:16 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
Painters tape, now with 102 uses.
May 08, 2012, 09:20 PM
rrg
rrg
The check list gets longer...
May 08, 2012, 10:31 PM
Suspended Account
I use red stucco tape as strong as duct tape and 1/10 of the weight.
May 08, 2012, 11:51 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Quote:
I use red stucco tape as strong as duct tape and 1/10 of the weight.
Regular duct tape is too heavy for a transmitter, eh?
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
May 09, 2012, 04:05 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Interested in what Tx it was ... all mine with doors to NiMH slots are hard to open ... and my older Tx's ... you have remove screws and whole back panel to get to the battery pack.
May 09, 2012, 10:03 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
Interested in what Tx it was ... all mine with doors to NiMH slots are hard to open ... and my older Tx's ... you have remove screws and whole back panel to get to the battery pack.
I assumed it was a DX5e the one that comes with the Radian, could be wrong though.
May 09, 2012, 06:51 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik
I assumed it was a DX5e the one that comes with the Radian, could be wrong though.
Yes, it was.

Looks similar to my DX6i as well.

Quick Reply