Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
May 14, 2012, 05:07 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer
Great contribution for your first post!!!! So who do you work for then hey?????
Sounds to me that he maybe the owner of the ebay store as alot of the Chinese have now set up their wharehouses in the US so the US can get things from them for cheaper than averyone else in the world ??
Why dont they do it here !! I get 99% of my stuff from China I would love to get them at the prices the us gets them for.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2012, 05:42 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Auflyer's Avatar
Received my 9117 today. Out of the box it looks good. Much has already been described already, however the pcb is a lot like the 9116 pcb but does have quite a few differences. The mesh on the main gear and motor seemed a bit notchy otherwise it was put together well. I though it was unusual it didn't have a tail light despite having a spare plug for it on the pcb. For those saying its controls are sluggish have you tried using the fourth hole on the servo horn. The servo horn has four holes and it comes with the links connected to the third

I took a heap of pictures which I will upload when I get a chance. I won't be able to fly it till Wednesday afternoon however I would say the swash will need a bit of work as in typical dh fashion it's no where near level
May 14, 2012, 06:58 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Cool Scott,

aha a new PCB, well I hope they have set it up like you do with all the DH range of heli's so Scott I can't wait for your review of it and any mods you need to do to it.

I have been told by my missus that I am NOT allowed to buy any more heli's untill after I pay for my new electric chair so thats going to be a couple of months.

But I will see how much I can butter her up and get the 9117 soon!!
May 14, 2012, 08:02 AM
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer
Received my 9117 today. Out of the box it looks good. Much has already been described already, however the pcb is a lot like the 9116 pcb but does have quite a few differences. The mesh on the main gear and motor seemed a bit notchy otherwise it was put together well. I though it was unusual it didn't have a tail light despite having a spare plug for it on the pcb. For those saying its controls are sluggish have you tried using the fourth hole on the servo horn. The servo horn has four holes and it comes with the links connected to the third

I took a heap of pictures which I will upload when I get a chance. I won't be able to fly it till Wednesday afternoon however I would say the swash will need a bit of work as in typical dh fashion it's no where near level
I get full travel from my swashplate with using the 3rd hole on the servo arm. It actually went too far and bound a bit and had to back it off using EPA.
Still sluggish performance.
May 14, 2012, 03:49 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Auflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig
Cool Scott,

aha a new PCB, well I hope they have set it up like you do with all the DH range of heli's so Scott I can't wait for your review of it and any mods you need to do to it.

I have been told by my missus that I am NOT allowed to buy any more heli's untill after I pay for my new electric chair so thats going to be a couple of months.

But I will see how much I can butter her up and get the 9117 soon!!
LOL, I know what you mean

Wife: You have a package that turned up - rolls eyes
Me: Thanks
Wife: Well???
Me: Well what
Wife: Is that another new helicopter????
Me: Maybe
Wife: Why do you need another helicopter
Me: This ones bigger
Wife: Whilst getting the look " Im not saying anything" and walks off

The fact she didnt say anything , I took it as it was ok and currently have the winning bid in on a titan 450 pro lol Anyone know a good divorce lawyer
May 14, 2012, 03:52 PM
Under Construction..
FlyinBass's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer
LOL, I know what you mean

Wife: You have a package that turned up - rolls eyes
Me: Thanks
Wife: Well???
Me: Well what
Wife: Is that another new helicopter????
Me: Maybe
Wife: Why do you need another helicopter
Me: This ones bigger
Wife: Whilst getting the look " Im not saying anything" and walks off

The fact she didnt say anything , I took it as it was ok and currently have the winning bid in on a titan 450 pro lol Anyone know a good divorce lawyer

Nearly verbatim, I've had that conversation with my wife before. Thankfully haven't had to pay for divorce counsel as of yet, Im assuming that is far more expensive than our toys.
May 14, 2012, 04:37 PM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer

The fact she didnt say anything , I took it as it was ok and currently have the winning bid in on a titan 450 pro lol Anyone know a good divorce lawyer
Well, you sure have balls! I hope she lets you keep them.
May 15, 2012, 03:44 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer
LOL, I know what you mean

Wife: You have a package that turned up - rolls eyes
Me: Thanks
Wife: Well???
Me: Well what
Wife: Is that another new helicopter????
Me: Maybe
Wife: Why do you need another helicopter
Me: This ones bigger
Wife: Whilst getting the look " Im not saying anything" and walks off

The fact she didnt say anything , I took it as it was ok and currently have the winning bid in on a titan 450 pro lol Anyone know a good divorce lawyer
lol thats about it in a nutshell
May 15, 2012, 03:47 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
Well, you sure have balls! I hope she lets you keep them.
Keep what? The balls or the helicopters? Lol
May 15, 2012, 04:16 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Auflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrydad
Keep what? The balls or the helicopters? Lol
Both hopefully, im quite attached to both of them lol

Here are some pictures I took, sorry for quality only taken on Iphone. Battery is on charge and hopefully I will actually finish work during daylight hours tomorrow so I can get its maiden flight in








Note the vacant spot for the missing tail light, will have to retro fit one





May 15, 2012, 10:04 AM
Crash and learn
Auflyer, now if you could get a few photos of the receiver underside. But that better wait a few months after the first 100 flights.

Great photos. Answers a lot of questions about the DH9117..
May 15, 2012, 10:11 AM
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
Is your tail fin too short and allow the tail rotor to scrub the ground? Mine is.
May 15, 2012, 01:13 PM
Registered User
So that's a fixed-pitch head? Thanks for posting the pix. I was trying to reconcile it to a CP. A little simpler I guess, swashplate doesn't have to travel up/down as well as wiggle.
May 15, 2012, 03:00 PM
Crash and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM6VV
So that's a fixed-pitch head?
Fixed Pitch (FP) helicopters also have a solid connection, blade tip to blade tip. The blades can only pitch opposite, not uniformly as in both pitch up or both pitch down.

And the FP swashplate is at a fixed distance from the flybar.or blades.which can not move up or down either.
May 15, 2012, 05:57 PM
Registered User
thanks for the explanation!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Walkera MINI super FP 4ch helicopter ehirobo Micro Helis 130 Dec 13, 2012 05:25 PM
New Product 2012 New arrival Double Horse 9117 2.4G 4CH RC Helicopter Aaron qin Mini Helis 56 Aug 18, 2012 02:44 AM
New Product New arrival Double Horse 9117 2.4G 4CH RC Helicopter Aaron qin Large Electric Helis 4 Jul 25, 2012 06:59 AM
Discussion Whats a good affordable RTF 4CH FP Idaho Heli Mini Helis 50 May 09, 2012 11:56 AM
Discussion The new Double Horse 9117 shipping soon... RC Roanoke Mini Helis 3 Apr 18, 2012 10:49 AM