Thread Tools
Old May 09, 2012, 10:50 AM
Balr14 is offline
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
Looks like the F 45 is stamped aluminum as well with faux carbon look. Should have just left it bare.

http://www.rcpartsbox.com/mjx-rc-f45...are-parts.html
Well damn, I thought it was G20. So, the only real difference is the swashplate and control coupling. But, that's enough. By the way, the HBFP V2 weighs 305gr and runs 3 cells. 460gr is really a load for that brushed motor.
Last edited by Balr14; May 09, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 12:09 PM
seefest is offline
Find More Posts by seefest
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Well damn, I thought it was G20. So, the only real difference is the swashplate and control coupling. But, that's enough. By the way, the HBFP V2 weighs 305gr and runs 3 cells. 460gr is really a load for that brushed motor.
I can't seem to find the HBFP V2 anywhere in stock? It seems like most esky products are out of stock. Any idea?
Old May 09, 2012, 12:47 PM
tom4416 is offline
Find More Posts by tom4416
Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
9117:

The tail boom: The same as the f45 down to the mounting block, tail motor, tail motor assembly and screws. The fins are metal but we could steal them and put them on the f45 using the same screws. Even the same color wire going to the control board.

My initial impression is that the f45 is a better choice hands down.
Double check the stabilizer fins on the DH9117 - they are plastic, just a color that looks a lot like aluminum. I didn't even realize it until today when my tail motor starting twisting and went to tighten it up and realized the stabilizer fins were bending rather easily.
Old May 09, 2012, 01:00 PM
Balr14 is offline
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
I can't seem to find the HBFP V2 anywhere in stock? It seems like most esky products are out of stock. Any idea?
Unless you live in China, you won't find one new. They don't sell outside of China now.
Old May 09, 2012, 01:10 PM
freezywilly is offline
Find More Posts by freezywilly
Registered User
Tom you are right. I fell into that trap hook line and sinker.
Another difference that I noticed now that I look is that the motor assembly on the 9117 has a grill on the back of the motor mount. Would allow more air flow into the motor. Now I wonder what would happen if the tail assembly were moved to the f45 with all the mods being discussed there.
Old May 09, 2012, 10:02 PM
sammyc is offline
Find More Posts by sammyc
I need a bigger shed..
sammyc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Well there isnt much in it is there 2gms only yet the F45 is not far off from my 450 in speed and is so stable in the air.
Huh, how is that possible, 450 CCPM's can really hoot along!
I've already had mine going in excess of (guessing) 60-70kph. And im still learning, definitely more speed available!
Old May 10, 2012, 12:07 AM
Whizgig is offline
Find More Posts by Whizgig
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Huh, how is that possible, 450 CCPM's can really hoot along!
I've already had mine going in excess of (guessing) 60-70kph. And im still learning, definitely more speed available!
Sorry about that I did a typo I was thinking about the F45 and put in 450 Der!!
What I meant to say was that it was faster than the 9116 so sorry about that still not used to the meds as yet and my brain thinks one thing and my fingers type somthing completly diferent, I have to proof read everything I type and sometimes its just a mess and I have to retype it so thanks for pointing that out to me Sam.
Old May 10, 2012, 12:29 AM
sammyc is offline
Find More Posts by sammyc
I need a bigger shed..
sammyc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Sorry about that I did a typo I was thinking about the F45 and put in 450 Der!!
What I meant to say was that it was faster than the 9116 so sorry about that still not used to the meds as yet and my brain thinks one thing and my fingers type somthing completly diferent, I have to proof read everything I type and sometimes its just a mess and I have to retype it so thanks for pointing that out to me Sam.
Haha, thats ok mate, thought it may have been a mistake
Old May 11, 2012, 10:49 AM
BThirsk is offline
Find More Posts by BThirsk
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the F45 weighs a lot less than the 9117 and uses a 90 swashplate, not the 120 version used on the DH helis. Those two things will account for sluggish handling and lack of power. The HBFP V2 weighs much less than the 9117 and uses a 3 cell with a 370 motor. You may think the F45 frame looks cheap, but all that 9117 stamped aluminum has a weight penalty.
F45 uses 120 swashplate. It just appears to be 90 becuase of the servo placement. The AIL servo arm point to the front nad the ELV Point to the left allowing proper positioning for the 120.

And thanks to everyone here for their comments. I was going to buy on of these to beat around, but you saved me the trouble.
Old May 11, 2012, 01:08 PM
Balr14 is offline
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
F45 uses 120 swashplate. It just appears to be 90 becuase of the servo placement. The AIL servo arm point to the front nad the ELV Point to the left allowing proper positioning for the 120.

And thanks to everyone here for their comments. I was going to buy on of these to beat around, but you saved me the trouble.
Thanks for the clarification. I was tempted, but not now.
Old May 12, 2012, 04:59 PM
dejannn is offline
Find More Posts by dejannn
Registered User
I get first flight with dh 9117 and it is great
Old May 13, 2012, 01:18 AM
Whizgig is offline
Find More Posts by Whizgig
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar

Pheonix Hacked plane update


Anyone who has Pheonix R/C simulator when you do a manual update check you will see a plane under the official updates it is a Park Flyer named " habu2 "
This file is hacked to revove all of you custom controller settings so don't install it,

Sellect the file and then sellect " Ignore " so the update will not add this file to the list of updates and you will never see it again.
Old May 13, 2012, 04:33 PM
thefedexguy is offline
Find More Posts by thefedexguy
Registered User

9117 double horse


Great big outdoor chopper, my friends...go to ebay and buy it local...why buy from overseas???
Thanks
Old May 13, 2012, 04:51 PM
Auflyer is offline
Find More Posts by Auflyer
still a lot to learn!!!!
Auflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefedexguy View Post
Great big outdoor chopper, my friends...go to ebay and buy it local...why buy from overseas???
Thanks
Great contribution for your first post!!!! So who do you work for then hey?????
Old May 13, 2012, 09:09 PM
seefest is offline
Find More Posts by seefest
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefedexguy View Post
Great big outdoor chopper, my friends...go to ebay and buy it local...why buy from overseas???
Thanks
I did that already. Got two flights out of it and the PCB crapped out.(it was reluctant to bind from the get go)

Didn't fly all that well either, although not as bad as some have suggested.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Walkera MINI super FP 4ch helicopter ehirobo Micro Helis 130 Dec 13, 2012 06:25 PM
New Product 2012 New arrival Double Horse 9117 2.4G 4CH RC Helicopter Aaron qin Mini Helis 56 Aug 18, 2012 03:44 AM
New Product New arrival Double Horse 9117 2.4G 4CH RC Helicopter Aaron qin Large Electric Helis 4 Jul 25, 2012 07:59 AM
Discussion Whats a good affordable RTF 4CH FP Idaho Heli Mini Helis 50 May 09, 2012 12:56 PM
Discussion The new Double Horse 9117 shipping soon... RC Roanoke Mini Helis 3 Apr 18, 2012 11:49 AM