May 07, 2012, 08:52 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

anyone recently order from hobbypartz?

just checking .they got some lipos i would like to buy but reviews on service are mixed .
have you ordered lately and received your order?
please only comment on recent orders ,in the last couple weeks .

thanks
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2012, 03:11 PM
Thread OP
nobody?
May 08, 2012, 07:46 PM
Thread OP
i went ahead and bought 2 new lipos from this vendor .i was able to get live online assistant which did make me feel more comfortable buying .
i will update this at a later time .
May 08, 2012, 09:24 PM
I ordered a couple of weeks ago, and received my order no problem. Additionally, despite the periodic mixed reviews, I've never had any trouble ordering and receiving from either xheli or HobbyPartz...several orders in the last two months or so.
May 09, 2012, 04:40 PM
Go Hawks!
i've ordered a ton of hardware from them and each item has arrived in a very timely manner.
just don't expect any sort of customer service when it comes time to need to have a DOA item swapped out.

One of my orders..about a month ago, I received two gens Ace 3800mAH 4s packs to run in parallel for a multirotor.

one pack had a bad cell. It arrived showing 1.8v
The other pack had two bad cells. both way under the storage voltage.

I resurrected the packs by using my Hyperion charger to get the bad cells up to about 3.6v, and then allowing the charger to trickle discharge the good cells down to 3.6v so that I could charge all 4 cells at the same rate and not have it take hours and hours...if you have tried to resurrect a very low cell before, you know what I am referring to.

I sent them an email..no reply now for approx a month.
I don't know why I continue to order hardware from them, but they are a good source for my hobbywing speedo's..I just won't order batteries from them.
Last edited by cryhavoc38; May 09, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
May 09, 2012, 07:53 PM
Thread OP
well i went with this vendor because i like these sky lipo batteries.did you ever watch the video about them ?
they have a protective metal plate on both sides of the battery .helps protect the battery and disperse some heat too .and the pack stays nice and flat too .
havent seen one puff up yet .

thanks for jumping in here .
May 09, 2012, 10:02 PM
Yup , ordered some stuff on monday , got it today , no problems ....
May 09, 2012, 10:42 PM

no good

i placed a order may 2nd and has of today may9th my order is still pending even though they sent my a tracking number and i have been given several answers on why and what is going on read my blog i posted tonight
May 10, 2012, 05:45 AM
Thread OP
i considered registering but when i went to do that they wanted me to put in my aol screen name and password .i wasn't ok with that ,so needless to say i did not register .
has anyone else registered over there?
May 10, 2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me
i considered registering but when i went to do that they wanted me to put in my aol screen name and password .i wasn't ok with that ,so needless to say i did not register .
has anyone else registered over there?
i have registered with them but it is not worth even doing because you dont get any special offers or anything and it dont help when they rip you off so i wouldnt recomend it .
May 10, 2012, 08:59 PM
Thread OP
got a usps tracking number today and its working .so far so good .
May 11, 2012, 04:02 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me
got a usps tracking number today and its working .so far so good .
you will always receive your order for IN STOCK items from hobbypartz/nitroplanes/xheli rather quickly..as in within a business week after ordering..depending on where you are located.

you may not like what you receive though..and I'm talking batteries.
its very hit or miss, but so is hobbyking with regards to their lipo packs.
95% of the time, there will be no issues with a battery, 5% will seem like 100% if your last two battery orders were all boxes of fail!
May 11, 2012, 11:06 PM
Balsa&Tissue
I placed an order and even though the lipos were in stock it never shipped. I called and emailed a got BS'd (it will ship today) and it still has not shipped.

I charged it back on my credit card. Too bad Gens Ace are good batteries but I won't tolerate this kind of crap from a vendor. They say they ship next day but don't believe it.

Gotta find a new lipo supplier.....

Dave
May 12, 2012, 01:27 PM
Thread OP
my lipos arrived today ,just 4 short days after ordering .i have to change the connectors then throw a charge on them .i will report back .
May 14, 2012, 07:37 PM
Thread OP
batteries charged up fine .flight tests tuesday .

Quick Reply