Old May 06, 2012, 06:52 PM
Find More Posts by Si Goodchild
Discussion

Hobby King Alternatives to HET motors?

Guys,

I'm really struggling to source HET 2w-20 and 2w-25 motors in the UK and import prices are very high so I'm wondering whether there's a Hobby King / TURNIGY alternative out there? Looking at the specs there are a few motors that may be in the running but their rated power and voltage are somewhat lower than the HET equivalent (for size and kv rating). Perhaps they are being a little conservative?

I'm looking to run couple of FunJet Ultras on 4s (I normally use a 2w-20 with 4.75 x 4.75 prop or would like to try a slightly larger prop on a 2w-25 equivalent) and 6s with a 4.7x4.7 prop.

Can you advise?

Si G
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 10:09 PM
Find More Posts by erh7771
Check edfhobbies.com

Tell him e sent you and the secret motor test are coming

Regards
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 04:22 AM
Find More Posts by jumpy
smithy
Have you treid these guys http://www.westwalesmodels.co.uk/HET-2W20-Motor

Phil
Old May 08, 2012, 12:09 AM
Find More Posts by evo101
its hard to compare HK motors to HET IMO, is it expensive to bring a motor in to the UK? it might be worth paying the extra as you will have a motor that will last you years
Old May 08, 2012, 12:46 AM
Find More Posts by ApexAero
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Check the Velocity 28x60 2900 kv
Old May 10, 2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyda00 View Post
its hard to compare HK motors to HET IMO, is it expensive to bring a motor in to the UK? it might be worth paying the extra as you will have a motor that will last you years
Very true. Problem solved now: my usual UK supplier now has stock in of the entire HET range and at great new prices! 15% extra on everything ggrrrrr..... Still cheaper than importing, but only just.

Si G
Old May 10, 2012, 05:31 AM
Find More Posts by jumpy
smithy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Goodchild View Post
Very true. Problem solved now: my usual UK supplier now has stock in of the entire HET range and at great new prices! 15% extra on everything ggrrrrr..... Still cheaper than importing, but only just.

Si G
Who is that, im looking for 2w20's aswell.

Phil
Old May 10, 2012, 04:15 PM
www.giantshark.co.uk