Originally Posted by Jovanx
Since there is no need to have mechanical adjustment on both ends, how about dispensing with the clevises on the servo end? A basic L or Z bend should do it, and the adjustment could be at the rear end. That would eliminate the problem of having the big clevises squeezed into the servo bay.
I did this, and it works great. I CA'd a short piece of .049" wire into the hollow rod with a Z bend on the end. Be sure to extend the length of the sleeve well into the servo bay for the front servo for support. I didn't do this, and it buckled a little with the servo throw. I worked that out, but it would have been better to have the additional length of sleeve from the beginning. The hole in the servo arm that the wire went through was a little bigger than the wire, so I had a little slop in the rudder movement. A drop of CA in the servo arm hole squared that away.