Thread Tools
Old May 04, 2012, 05:30 PM
Alacran72 is offline
Find More Posts by Alacran72
Registered User
Discussion

Flying fields in Los Angeles/Orange county CA


Hello

Does anyone know of any fields for noobs in the Los Angeles area or Orange County? Besides Whittier or Pico Rivera. Thank You
Last edited by Alacran72; May 04, 2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Forgot capitol letter LOL
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 06:42 AM
ggcrandall1 is offline
Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Registered User
ggcrandall1's Avatar
Go here:
http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx

You may have to enter several cities or ZIP codes since you are asking for a broad area.
BTW when searching for a specific city make sure the search engine returns one in California. When I searched for Long Beach California I got one in Mississippi and one in New Jersey. There is a Long Beach in each of those states.

Glen
Old May 05, 2012, 02:26 PM
Flyextreme is offline
Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
I fly at El Dorado right where the 605/405 meet. There's a fee to get in the gate of the park, or yearly.

Plus "map" function https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/maps.php?

What area do you live in?

Bill
Old May 05, 2012, 09:19 PM
Alacran72 is offline
Find More Posts by Alacran72
Registered User
I live in Lakewood, I just got my AMA Ins. and very excited, But a little nervous flying around people. lol I have put many hours in my simulator and think i'm ready. Thank You bud, i will make a trip out there Tomorrow, Sunday morning. Hope i can meet some of you guys and learn from the big boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
I fly at El Dorado right where the 605/405 meet. There's a fee to get in the gate of the park, or yearly.

Plus "map" function https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/maps.php?

What area do you live in?

Bill
Old May 05, 2012, 09:21 PM
Alacran72 is offline
Find More Posts by Alacran72
Registered User
Awesome! Thank You Bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
Go here:
http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx

You may have to enter several cities or ZIP codes since you are asking for a broad area.
BTW when searching for a specific city make sure the search engine returns one in California. When I searched for Long Beach California I got one in Mississippi and one in New Jersey. There is a Long Beach in each of those states.

Glen
Old May 06, 2012, 12:17 AM
Flyextreme is offline
Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran72 View Post
I live in Lakewood, I just got my AMA Ins. and very excited, But a little nervous flying around people. lol I have put many hours in my simulator and think i'm ready. Thank You bud, i will make a trip out there Tomorrow, Sunday morning. Hope i can meet some of you guys and learn from the big boys.
You are right there, likely only a mile or two. All kinds of electrics in the A.M. And some helis and High Performance in the afternoon....that's when I go....but not this Sunday

There are some great guys out there at both times more than willing to help, don't be shy.

Have fun, Bill
Old May 06, 2012, 12:20 AM
Alacran72 is offline
Find More Posts by Alacran72
Registered User
Thank You so much Bill.

Mondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
You are right there, likely only a mile or two. All kinds of electrics in the A.M. And some helis and High Performance in the afternoon....that's when I go....but not this Sunday

There are some great guys out there at both times more than willing to help, don't be shy.

Have fun, Bill
Old May 06, 2012, 01:54 PM
Flyextreme is offline
Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran72 View Post
Thank You so much Bill.

Mondo
Mondo, no worries. I would like to hear back from you to see how things went. Maybe we will run into each other there sometime.

Bill
Old May 06, 2012, 10:35 PM
Alacran72 is offline
Find More Posts by Alacran72
Registered User
So i went to El Dorado Park today. I met a gentleman by the name of Larry who introduced me to the Silent Flyers club members. And Chris the instructor let me and my son fly using his buddy box. WOW! What a great experience, My son and I had a lot of fun.
Thank You Bill, I hope we get to meet sometime. You are awesome buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
Mondo, no worries. I would like to hear back from you to see how things went. Maybe we will run into each other there sometime.

Bill
Old May 07, 2012, 02:01 AM
Flyextreme is offline
Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran72 View Post
So i went to El Dorado Park today. I met a gentleman by the name of Larry who introduced me to the Silent Flyers club members. And Chris the instructor let me and my son fly using his buddy box. WOW! What a great experience, My son and I had a lot of fun.
Thank You Bill, I hope we get to meet sometime. You are awesome buddy!
Mondo,

That's awsome. I'm glad the two of you "both" had fun...even better. Get alot of stick time so I can get you hooked on High Performace before too long

When I know I'm going again, I will shoot you a PM.
Old May 07, 2012, 01:23 PM
Alacran72 is offline
Find More Posts by Alacran72
Registered User
Sounds good Bill. Thanks buddy.
Old May 07, 2012, 04:21 PM
nicoyenny is offline
Find More Posts by nicoyenny
globemaster
nicoyenny's Avatar
Mondo:
Wait till you see the afternoon guys the wild pack
Old May 07, 2012, 05:46 PM
Alacran72 is offline
Find More Posts by Alacran72
Registered User
Haha I was afraid of that. JK I heard all the glider boys go in the afternoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoyenny View Post
Mondo:
Wait till you see the afternoon guys the wild pack
Last edited by Alacran72; May 07, 2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: in
Old May 07, 2012, 06:08 PM
nicoyenny is offline
Find More Posts by nicoyenny
globemaster
nicoyenny's Avatar
We are the "no less than 100 MPH/ no less than 1Kw group"
Well, some gliders do fly on "just 500-700 watts

... and if I finish putting it together, this Friday I will maiden my Orion (finallyyyyyyy!!!!)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale FS:Gaui Tigershark Delta (LPU in Orange County, CA) cheeseboy Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 6 Apr 10, 2012 01:05 AM
Discussion Orange County CA - Electric TD / ALES Fields rvsixer Electric Sailplanes 20 Mar 21, 2012 07:52 PM
Discussion Orange County CA - Anyone interested in ALES ? rvsixer Electric Competition Soaring-F5J/ALES/e-Soaring 1 Mar 20, 2012 11:48 PM
For Sale HUGE Sale, LPU Los Angeles County ONLY AKD001 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 9 Jan 31, 2012 09:50 PM
Help! Boating in the Los Angeles, CA Area Kenneth Henius Dock Talk 4 Jan 06, 2012 11:13 PM