Dec 24, 2012, 12:02 PM
Thread OP

Another video with launch and landing

L 213 A maiden flight (2 min 39 sec)
Last edited by ferincr; Dec 24, 2012 at 08:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2012, 12:38 PM
Cant fly enough
Very nice!

I was especially impressed with the precision landing....on the cowpie!

Greg
Dec 24, 2012, 12:41 PM
Thread OP
Thanks,
But to be honest is hard to miss them there, anyway if I'm going to crp out a model I rather do it that way
May 20, 2015, 03:23 PM
Cant fly enough
I recently inherited one of these from a good friend who passed away. I had a couple questions:
1. How do you remove the canopy?
2. The Joiner is missing, does someone have the dimensions?
3. My version has flaps, spoilers and air brakes. The spoilers are not correctly installed. I could replace them but wonder if they are really necessary?

Thanks in advance!
May 20, 2015, 03:37 PM
Thread OP
Sorry to hear about your friend.
You've got my favourite glider.
the canopy release should be under the right wing. Little ball pull it back.
As far as the joined unfortunately I'm not at home to help with that but I bet Woodstock will chip in soon since I got mine after he suggested it and I know his is in top list too.
I do know that it has a tiny bend on it do it might be worth to try to buy one from whoever is the Valenta dealer in your country.
I do have the one with flaps and spoiler too. Not necessary unless your landing area is small but I love to have it stop in few feet.
I know I posted about my spoiler setup but I can't remember I'd it was here or in aero towing. There's a lot of info in the German forum rcnetwork too
May 20, 2015, 05:13 PM
Cant fly enough
Thanks for the quick response.

I remember that you liked the plane, that's why I bought it.

I saw that little ball and was wondering!

I remember now that you mentioned the joiner had a little bend. I'll see if we can find it in Bob's shop.

Thanks for the advise on spoilers. I may eventually convert to electric.

I'll look on the German forum.
May 20, 2015, 05:36 PM
Thread OP
Hey Greg,
I'm in the US for few more weeks so I have no access to my RC stuff (which is at home in Costa Rica).
Anyway...
The bend on the joiner is minimal and I think the only purpose is just to make the wings to sit flush with the fairings on the fuse otherwise you'll get like 1/8" gap on the TEs.i lost my first L213 only to find the remains over a month later so I bought a new one (which I only had the chance to fly once before the slope season ended).
I changed a few things on the second one but basically I kept (mostly) the same setup
The flaps are very very effective, specially if you cut a bit of the bottom skin on the wing TE which will allow them to drop to a bigger angle. If you couple with ailerons for butterfly the plane literally stops in the air.
The way I have mine setup is butterfly on the throttle stick, so the first half only progressively deploys butterfly so it slows down and from middle stick down the spoiler couple in to drop at a steep angle.
You'll need to mix some elevator down for butterfly/flaps and elevatorup with the spoilers to keep the nose level.
May 20, 2015, 07:05 PM
Cant fly enough
Where in the US?

Perhaps you can come and join us flying.

In the worst case it sounds like I can get an aluminum joiner and bend it as you describe.

I set all my planes up with crow exactly as you describe! I'm happy to avoid the spoilers and air brakes if they are not needed!
May 20, 2015, 07:36 PM
Thread OP
I'm in Montana and in a quite busy schedule so no flying for me until I get back but thanks anyway!
May 20, 2015, 07:44 PM
Cant fly enough
Montana!

Been there, done that!
-Dude ranches
-Bears
-Old mines
-Rich Holywood cowboys
May 20, 2015, 07:57 PM
Thread OP
Yeeep!!!!
I'm in Big Sky now, then is Yellowstone, then back to Big Sky then off to WA before getting on the plane south again...
Fernando
May 21, 2015, 03:14 PM
Cant fly enough
Enjoy

You know Art Hobby is based on Montana http://www.arthobby.com/
May 21, 2015, 03:54 PM
Thread OP
Yes, I know... and I almost get to go to Billings but instead they sent me here to Big sky.
I guess it was a good thing because I'm at the top limit of toys to carry back
Fernando
May 21, 2015, 05:09 PM
Cant fly enough
Well Enjoy!
Jun 11, 2015, 09:23 PM
Cant fly enough
Hello Fernando,

Did you get a chance to check you joiner diameter, length and bend?

I'd all appreciate input on the servo's you used and the settings for aileron, flaps, CG, etc.

Thanks

Greg

Quick Reply