Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old May 04, 2012, 02:07 PM
VENOMiTry is offline
Find More Posts by VENOMiTry
Registered User
Question

trex 450 sport or trex 450 pro?


whats the difference between these 2 helis and could anyone give some pros and cons of these helis?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2012, 03:27 PM
WOS is offline
WOS
Find More Posts by WOS
WOS
Registered User
other than the pro has single side frame pieces as the other uses multi frame side and the pro uses torque tube and the sport uses belt drive. I think the servos mount different as well. I dont know of any other changes or differences. I know HK makes a pro version just like the trex 450 pro
Old May 04, 2012, 08:39 PM
old4570 is offline
Find More Posts by old4570
Registered User

Hmmm


Pro is a new animal , designed to handle 3D better ..

Several areas have been strengthened , and Direct drive on tail .

When you learn to fly , next step is pro ..

If you like belt drive , easier servicing , removal of gear, [ servos - motor ] then a Sport might be the go ..

If you have outgrown your sport , then a Pro would be the next step .

If your just starting , Id suggest the Sport , if you can already fly , go the PRO
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:07 PM
agusfirmansyah is offline
Find More Posts by agusfirmansyah
Registered User
agusfirmansyah's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMiTry View Post
whats the difference between these 2 helis and could anyone give some pros and cons of these helis?

I think the pro type is superior, because it is more responsive than the type of sport.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:01 PM
2Doggs is offline
Find More Posts by 2Doggs
Airborne
2Doggs's Avatar

My 2c


The single main frames of the Pro are stronger, but there's not much space between the frames for electronics. If you like to hide everything inside the heli, you have to be careful selecting components that fit. If, like me, you're happy to mount stuff on the outside of the frames, it's a non-issue.

The Pro is optimised for higher headspeeds - so it uses a lower tail/main ratio than the Sport. If you want to putter around at minimum HS, the Sport is better.

The servo to swash links on the Pro are all the same length - so there are less undesirable control interactions.

The Pro head results in a slightly larger diameter main rotor than the Sport.

The Pro has the tail servo mounted between the main frames under the boom block. Whilst it helps to centralise mass and make the heli more agile, it's not as easy to work on as a boom mounted tail servo. I happen to dislike the look of boom mounted servos.....

The Align 450 Pro only comes in a TT version, and TT gears easily strip in a crash or even a relatively minor tail hit. Belt tails are much more forgiving.

The Pro is a bit trickier to work on than the Sport. If you break a servo arm or strip the gears, you have to take the servos out. For the elevator servo, that means taking off the main gear, removing the head and mainshaft, then taking out the three cyclic servos on the mainshaft bearing holders in one unit. Although it's more work than working on the Sport, you soon get pretty adept at doing it!

If you want a belt drive Pro, you can get decent quality clones from Tarot or HK.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:33 AM
agusfirmansyah is offline
Find More Posts by agusfirmansyah
Registered User
agusfirmansyah's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
The single main frames of the Pro are stronger, but there's not much space between the frames for electronics. If you like to hide everything inside the heli, you have to be careful selecting components that fit. If, like me, you're happy to mount stuff on the outside of the frames, it's a non-issue.

The Pro is optimised for higher headspeeds - so it uses a lower tail/main ratio than the Sport. If you want to putter around at minimum HS, the Sport is better.

The servo to swash links on the Pro are all the same length - so there are less undesirable control interactions.

The Pro head results in a slightly larger diameter main rotor than the Sport.

The Pro has the tail servo mounted between the main frames under the boom block. Whilst it helps to centralise mass and make the heli more agile, it's not as easy to work on as a boom mounted tail servo. I happen to dislike the look of boom mounted servos.....

The Align 450 Pro only comes in a TT version, and TT gears easily strip in a crash or even a relatively minor tail hit. Belt tails are much more forgiving.

The Pro is a bit trickier to work on than the Sport. If you break a servo arm or strip the gears, you have to take the servos out. For the elevator servo, that means taking off the main gear, removing the head and mainshaft, then taking out the three cyclic servos on the mainshaft bearing holders in one unit. Although it's more work than working on the Sport, you soon get pretty adept at doing it!

If you want a belt drive Pro, you can get decent quality clones from Tarot or HK.
I totally agree, for newbie torque tube tail preferably conversion to belt, because it avoids damage to the gear torqu tube
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:06 PM
RFDelie is offline
Find More Posts by RFDelie
Get to the choppa!
RFDelie's Avatar
I have a sport, unless you have a VERY small gyro you are going to have trouble finding a place for it. However I do not have a PRO for comparison.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:15 PM
2Doggs is offline
Find More Posts by 2Doggs
Airborne
2Doggs's Avatar

Mini Mems


Since the advent of mini-mems sensors, modern gyros have become very small - so even the smallish 27mm x 27mm gyro mount on the pro is fine. The Assan GA-250 is only 21mm x 21mm. In fact I have two 450 Pros with CX 3x1000 FBL controllers on them, which measure 37mm x 25mm, but pose no problems. You also can get an extended gyro mount that's aimed specifically at use with FBL controllers.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:24 PM
agusfirmansyah is offline
Find More Posts by agusfirmansyah
Registered User
agusfirmansyah's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post
I have a sport, unless you have a VERY small gyro you are going to have trouble finding a place for it. However I do not have a PRO for comparison.

I suggest to use tarot gyro 550, because of its small size and its response is pretty good, the price is very cheap

example in my Helli 450 clicks: http://aerohobbycipondoh.blogspot.com/


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Raptor 30 V1 Receiver Ready $350 shipped US or trade for Trex 450 Sport/Pro conefree Aircraft - Fuel - Helis (FS/W) 13 May 21, 2012 09:29 AM
Found WTT Receiver ready Raptor 30V1 for RTF or receiver ready Trex 450 Sport/Pro conefree Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 May 21, 2012 09:28 AM
Discussion Which 450 - Blade 450 or Trex 450 Sport V2 damiens75 Electric Heli Talk 27 Nov 15, 2011 04:09 PM
Discussion Trex 450 pro or 450 sport JNM 3D Electric Heli Flying 10 Aug 12, 2011 08:09 AM
Wanted WANTED: Trex 450 head, Air frame or both. Full or just the top hub V2 Sport or Pro PittJitsu Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Feb 15, 2010 03:47 AM