May 05, 2012, 11:35 AM
maybe its a sin, but im thinking of trying the fatty Su too. Looks real sweet too!
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post
maybe its a sin, but im thinking of trying the fatty Su too. Looks real sweet too!
Yeah it is def a sweet lookin plane. Too bad VH dosn't have some sort of team pilot to do some vid's to promote these things. Hard to buy a plane without some idea of how it flies. Price is hard to resist though, I just need to get rid of some of the ones I have now. Once soccer season is done I'll be able to fly all the ones I have now. Maybe that will help thin the herd.
May 05, 2012, 12:37 PM
A Texan abroad
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
Yeah it is def a sweet lookin plane. Too bad VH dosn't have some sort of team pilot to do some vid's to promote these things. Hard to buy a plane without some idea of how it flies. Price is hard to resist though, I just need to get rid of some of the ones I have now. Once soccer season is done I'll be able to fly all the ones I have now. Maybe that will help thin the herd.
Hahaha. Unfortunately, I don't intentionally thin the herd, it just happens.

I agree that it looks fantastic. I would love to see a demo video. This one deffinately is higher up in my mind than a Hobbyking one. Why? Reblacement parts, and of course, customer service that doesn't leave you dazed and confused. All we need now is a guiney pig demo pilot. . .

Where is Michael Wargo when you need him?
May 05, 2012, 02:41 PM
hey, spaz!
Talk VH into giving me a few planes and i'll be their test pilot...AND crash test pilot! They get a two for one deal!

Sabre47@Dons.MP4 (8 min 9 sec)

Yak55M Probro fall vid contest.MP4 (3 min 59 sec)
May 05, 2012, 03:23 PM
I like the Suk too, but notice it has 10% higher wing loading than the Sabre, if the specs are correct.

Also, the Suk has the warning "No Step" on its elevator, whereas the Sabre does not; so one might, without thinking, step on the Sabre's elev.

And, why is VH recommending the G15 2820 motor for both planes? At 128g, it is WAY small for such big airframes. Seems to me the Emax GT2826-860 on either 3s or 4s would be a better setup.

Steve
Last edited by sgomes; May 05, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
May 05, 2012, 04:30 PM
I agree with sgomes. This thing would be roughly the same weight as my Eratix, which I have a Rimfire .32 on. I wonder if the servos they recommend are a little light for it. I will probably pull the trigger on this one.
May 05, 2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah, VH's equipment recommendations are not always spot on. The parts support and good customer support are big pluses though. I do like the color scheme on this one a lot. Hmmm, I do have servo's and an esc that would work for this one.
May 05, 2012, 06:10 PM
I just ordered up some Solar servos from HPZ. The 25g metal digi's are like $12, and seem perfect for these airframes. Also, there have been a number of very positive write-ups about them.

Here's a guy doing some pretty solid centering testing:

Solar Servo Review (11 min 23 sec)

Hope this helps.

Steve
May 05, 2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgomes View Post
I just ordered up some Solar servos from HPZ. The 25g metal digi's are like $12, and seem perfect for these airframes. Also, there have been a number of very positive write-ups about them.

Here's a guy doing some pretty solid centering testing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYpOxihKeEY

Hope this helps.

Steve
I have well over a hundred hard flights on my 47" Sabre with these servo's and absolutely love them. As soon as they came back in stock I scarfed some more up before they go out of stock again.
May 06, 2012, 08:27 AM
I ordered the Sabre X last night. I don't have plans to build it immediately though. I will weigh the airframe when I get it and let everyone know what it weighs. My Eratix is still in great shape and I want to fly it some more before I gut the gear out of it. Of course I may be braver with the Eratix now, so anything can happen ;-)
May 06, 2012, 02:13 PM
I have everything but the speed controller, might be another 2 weeks before I get mine together though. went with the power HD 1711 MG servos, emax 2826 860 KV, plush 60 amp esc and 2650 blue sky 4S lipos. from what I have seen should bring it in around 4 lbs
May 06, 2012, 03:23 PM
May 06, 2012, 08:51 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...

"object on radar identified as "X", awaiting camera footage for confirmation"
May 06, 2012, 09:02 PM
Wannabe 3D Pilot
This Sabre X caught my eye as well... I've got a power 32/60amp esc combo looking for a new airframe. I look for that first flight report before I spend $110.

Flyracer
May 06, 2012, 09:37 PM
If its a spaz design (which it is) theme there is no fear in spending money on it!!

Quick Reply