This thread is privately moderated by KCV6, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 03, 2012, 08:36 AM
lurking in the HOLE :)
Thread OP
Build Log

Hybrid Droidworx Quad Completed with 5.8 FPV setup

After weeks of just enjoying flying the Quad I finally bit the bullet and fitted up the GoPro and Fatshark 5.8 Predator set with the ImmersionRC 600mW Tx.

Big thanks to Multiwiicopter for rapidly supplying the Skew Planar and Clover Leaf antennas and a GoPro mount (To be fitted at a later date once I extend the battery mount landing gear). For now I made a CF tray that uses the standard GoPro mount. As the bulk of the weight is on the lower assy and it's isolated via rubber grommets, the picture quality is great. Just the occasianal Jello on descent. The Hoverfly OSD works fine with this setup. Really nice having a working Artificial horizon without having to add anything else to the setup.

Also a big thanks to John of Mongrel Gear for going out of his way to get me the GoPro Hero 2 Outdoor edition on really short notice.

Now that it's all dialed in I decided to remove the crash cage.

Anyway, everything works and it's a lot of fun to fly. Once I get some more APC props it's time for the Octo to be stripped down and re-built with a few tweeks to the setup.
Last edited by KCV6; May 03, 2012 at 09:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply