Feb 13, 2013, 10:55 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
The 80F can be one day then the next it drops down 50 degrees. This year has been ok as far as ice and snow is concerned. The cold I can handle but when the cold and wind hits together that's another story.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2013, 10:59 AM
Slopeaholic
I guess -2 is about 28F. My batteries really were not performing. They were in my case this time, rather than my pocket where they are usually.
Feb 13, 2013, 03:08 PM
I can tell a difference when it gets below 50-60 degrees. Hopefully I will be able to get out tonight again for a minute.
Feb 13, 2013, 04:13 PM
Jimbo - Great flying and I love the music selection. 88 degrees and sunny here today but too windy for the Pitts. I'm not really that obnoxious. Wishing you all an early spring.
Feb 13, 2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah,,,,,,,,You ARE that obnoxiuous. Ya Phaart.
Feb 13, 2013, 06:37 PM
I took My Pitts out yesterday,,,It was pretty calm. As soon as I plugged
in the batt, & launched, it got windy as heck. Had to abort. Just got
a quick 2 inch snow-shower. Sheesh. I learned that 2-S is not good
in a stiff breeze. It was all I could do to get it back.
Feb 13, 2013, 07:18 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
My batts for the 32" planes are getting pretty old and truly hate the the cold too. Barely get 4 minutes out of them as is, add the cold and it drops. Being me it's just an excuse to get more.

Was nice this afternoon but after a long day at the shop flying wasn't on my mind. I'll get some airtime sooner or later though.

Winds are good for rolling pratice and air surfing.
Feb 14, 2013, 02:45 AM
Slopeaholic
88 degrees? We don't even get that in high summer!
Florida, I could put up with the weather, but the lack of mountains would mean I'd need to sell all my gliders!
Feb 14, 2013, 08:49 AM
You got that right. We've got plenty of thermals but our mountains are the local land fills (garbage dumps)!! The hills are alive but not with the sound of music!
Feb 14, 2013, 05:09 PM
Slopeaholic
The snow melted, at last.

Got out for 2 packs before dark fell and did some moon dancing.
Feb 14, 2013, 07:07 PM
Slopeaholic
The snow cleared, the wind dropped, beautiful light, the moon and the Crack Pitts.
Perfect!
Look out for the near misses, practicing knife edge can be dangerous to your health, if you dont duck..
Moon-Shot (7 min 28 sec)
Feb 15, 2013, 02:16 PM
220 221 Whatever it takes
My Crack Pitts is going for the "in the wind" record with 4 days now in a tree!! LOL
The wind is blowing in the wrong direction and keeps getting it deeper in the tree.
About 75 feet up and no way to get to it as the tree is surrounded by other overgrown trees and bushes and not near a street so a crane truck is not an option. So I look at it a couple of times a day from inside my house and watch it dance about in the breezes.
Feb 15, 2013, 04:45 PM
Jimbo...stunning...all.
Feb 15, 2013, 05:08 PM
Slopeaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyard
Jimbo...stunning...all.
Don't you just love the Pitts it's a stunning plane. It's been said before, there's nothing like it. It's a masterpiece, whoever designed it was a genius!
Have twisted got a triplane up their sleeves?
Feb 15, 2013, 07:14 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
That sux cap, hopefully the electronics isn't fried. I've landed in the trees behind the shop but luckily it's been low enough for the two pole trick.

Haha when I saw the title to your video jimbo I thought of that song.

A mini Pitts is what I'd like to see, probably wouldn't be doable considering the Pitts has a smaller wingspan already. One can dream!

Quick Reply