Apr 21, 2013, 10:27 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by trexpilot
Hey guys

I would like to report that my qav500 has done 50+ flights with the current setup
All goes well n very happy with it
I just bought a gopro3 black n doin some test film later today :-)

This is the first test flight last wk with gopro1 at 720p
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F
SNAP - just picked up a Hero 3 last night in Honolulu Trexy. Just got home now. Need sleep. Catch up soon mate.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2013, 10:49 AM
"woof"
Okay,
Filmed with my QAV 500...
Drunk Reindeer Caught on Tape by 2dogrc (0 min 42 sec)
Apr 21, 2013, 10:52 AM
Aerial Gimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergimp
I don't know any more than the rest of y'all, but it sounds to me like the gimbal is an integral part of the frame. That in itself is a cool idea, as I imagine a real compact, streamlined design. Imagine a QAV500 type design with a gopro imbedded in the nose, but that is an integral gimbal. Would be cool.
Haha. Just thought it would be funny if they made the gimbal look like a big bloodshot eyeball on the nose of the QAV!

Would freak out some spectators.
Apr 21, 2013, 04:22 PM

Lipo for Qav500

Will these fit in the QAV500?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11936

And if anyone knows,of a better deal please feel free to let me know

Thanks in advance

Al
Apr 22, 2013, 03:02 AM
I've just started a build of my QAV500 and I have what may be a really dumb question; but if I don't ask I'll never know the correct answer. I have noticed from a few of the photos in this thread that the adopted motor rotation protocol seems to be that the front left motor is a clockwise spin and obviously the others then alternate. However, I have a Blade mQX micro quad that has this reversed, i.e. the front left motor spins anti-clockwise, front right spins clockwise, etc, and this is how it came from the factory. Who is correct, or does it even matter? A possible downside I can see with the system common in this thread is that any debris picked up by the props gets thrown into the front of the camera; although maybe that doesn't happen in practice. This is my first 'real' quad and my first dabble into FPV, so I suspect there might be more questions to follow (in the relevant threads of course) .
Apr 22, 2013, 06:18 AM
Orient your prop rotation however your flight controller says...

Lou
Apr 22, 2013, 11:31 AM
welcome back Grazer !!
Apr 22, 2013, 06:48 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Thanks mate. My QAV500 frame should arrive in the next couple of days. I will be able to get my 5.8ghz one up and flying again. It will be the first time I will try the new diversity Rx too.
Today, I will get some charge into my batteries.
Apr 23, 2013, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421
Orient your prop rotation however your flight controller says...

Lou
Thanks for that Lou, I found the relevant info in an appendix at the back of the Naza-M manual, under 'Multi-Rotors Supported'. That manual shows front right motor (M1) running anti-clockwise when viewed from the top, and from the photos I see in this thread that seems pretty common.
Apr 23, 2013, 12:53 PM
On the topic of propellors:

It seems tha Graupner 10x5 E-Props are sold out everywhere. I'm looking for alternatives. It seems that people in this thread are using:

APC 10x4.7 - but not sure which model
XOAR 10x6 - wood ones I think?

with good results. Any other good results that people would like to share?
Apr 23, 2013, 01:55 PM
Aerial Gimp
Not to derail the conversation, but I heard from one source that Graupner was out of business and from somewhere else that they were sold. I recently received an order of 6 11x5 Eprops and half of the packages indicated the "L" designation, but all of the physical proper were actually the same. I've been trying to get replacements, but the vendor indicated Graupner was gone and he would have to get me an alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinWest
On the topic of propellors:

It seems tha Graupner 10x5 E-Props are sold out everywhere. I'm looking for alternatives. It seems that people in this thread are using:

APC 10x4.7 - but not sure which model
XOAR 10x6 - wood ones I think?

with good results. Any other good results that people would like to share?
Apr 23, 2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergimp
Not to derail the conversation, but I heard from one source that Graupner was out of business and from somewhere else that they were sold. I recently received an order of 6 11x5 Eprops and half of the packages indicated the "L" designation, but all of the physical proper were actually the same. I've been trying to get replacements, but the vendor indicated Graupner was gone and he would have to get me an alternative.
they had financial issues and were bought out if I understand correctly. sucks because their props were good. expensive monopoly of props? yes. but they really were good props.

hopefully someone else steps up to the plate and makes good alternatives
Apr 23, 2013, 07:48 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
Why dont more people use apc e props?
Apr 24, 2013, 12:59 PM
I went from graupners to xoar pjp-t electric precision pairs. Like the xoars much better. and they are in stock fron hacker-motor.de fits the mt4006 tiger without adapter
Apr 25, 2013, 10:11 PM
Aerial Gimp
Well, I'm just about done with my QAV500 build using my surplus DJI gear. I still have to mount the GPS (I have some ideas about doing that in a protected manner) and my fpv gear arrives tomorrow (now that the Immersion 600mW Tx's are shipping) so I can finish up by the weekend.

You can see some build pics here if you are interested: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1880154

I have a couple of questions.

When I read the build manual, it looked like the bottom board is the blank dirty frame plate and the next one up is the PDB.

This puts the ESC's between the clean and dirty frame. It actually makes for a nice channel under the PDB to run the ESC cables and make the connections to bullet connectors. However, looking at some of the builds here, I see the ESC's between the blank plate and the PDB. Does this matter? I have plenty of clearance so that my ESCs don'ty touch the clean frame so I don't think it matters and I think it makes for a cleaner wiring job (but maybe it doesn't have that clean space between the two frames.

Also, I think PGR built his QAV500 with DJI parts as well. Anyone want to share Naza gains with me as a starting point?

I'm pretty excited to get this thing in the air. I have quite a few sets of 10x5-ish props from GemFan, APC and Zinger (wood) left over from when my F550 was a 10-incher. I guess I'll have to do some testing.

Quick Reply