Have You Ever Seen This In The Sky ? - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 30, 2012, 01:43 AM
Keep 'em Flying
freddy warbird's Avatar
Discussion

Have You Ever Seen This In The Sky ?


http://www.ufocasebook.com/2011/brazilphotos2006.html

I have. And when I did, I pointed it out to a couple of fellow flyers, and they saw it too only after I pointed it out to them. So I'm not crazy, nor been out in the sun too long. This was a few years ago. None of us thought much of it, and kept flying. What can one do other than observe something in the sky that is unusual, and continue about what you're doing. I didn't have a camera with me, nor did anyone else who I was flying with. And even If I did have a camera, It would just show a ball bearing looking thing motionless in the sky. Big woop! But it was there, and it stayed there motionless for more than 15 minutes. I've been flying at this park for years, and it was only there once for me to observe. I can't remember exacly how long it was there, but it didn't move at all while one could see it, and it was pretty far away, too far to try and float a glider out to it. I do remember the sun casting a reflection off of it's surface making it appear more chrome in texture at times, or blackened at times than this pic I found on the net, but this link discribes something I've seen. It's bizzare. Call it a ufo i guess.

The funny thing is my memory hints at seeing this shape in the past but I can only remember this one sighting, and I had witnesses. We RC'ers are always looking up to the sky. Anyone else seen these things? Just curious.
Apr 30, 2012, 07:29 AM
Registered User
http://www.overflite.com/ One mystery in my area which was reported as a comet was nothing more than a bag glistening in the evening sky
Apr 30, 2012, 08:12 AM
foamie re-cycler
daddiozz's Avatar
shiny ball bearing?lol...probably a weather balloon.
Last edited by daddiozz; Apr 30, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
Apr 30, 2012, 08:26 AM
Out of Time
It's a balloon for God's sake. Sheesh.
Apr 30, 2012, 09:37 AM
Don't look at me like that....
62pilot's Avatar
I do believe we have and will continue to be visited by aliens, but I don't think they fly around in daylight in round shiny balloons. Or at night with a bunch of flashing lights for all to see. If they're smart enough to get here, their smart enough not to get caught.
Apr 30, 2012, 09:52 AM
Registered User Wannabe
rodneygt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy warbird
http://www.ufocasebook.com/2011/brazilphotos2006.html

I have. And when I did, I pointed it out to a couple of fellow flyers, and they saw it too only after I pointed it out to them. So I'm not crazy, nor been out in the sun too long. This was a few years ago. None of us thought much of it, and kept flying. What can one do other than observe something in the sky that is unusual, and continue about what you're doing. I didn't have a camera with me, nor did anyone else who I was flying with. And even If I did have a camera, It would just show a ball bearing looking thing motionless in the sky. Big woop! But it was there, and it stayed there motionless for more than 15 minutes. I've been flying at this park for years, and it was only there once for me to observe. I can't remember exacly how long it was there, but it didn't move at all while one could see it, and it was pretty far away, too far to try and float a glider out to it. I do remember the sun casting a reflection off of it's surface making it appear more chrome in texture at times, or blackened at times than this pic I found on the net, but this link discribes something I've seen. It's bizzare. Call it a ufo i guess.

The funny thing is my memory hints at seeing this shape in the past but I can only remember this one sighting, and I had witnesses. We RC'ers are always looking up to the sky. Anyone else seen these things? Just curious.
I've seen about four things that I couldn't totally satisfactorily explain to myself in my lifetime. This is tied for number 4 on my list. I've pretty much accepted it was some sort of balloon caught in some varying air currents.

In the early to mid eighties when I was in high school is when I saw something very similar to this. What I saw, I've always described to myself as a chrome ball bearing. It seemed to be a fair distance away and it seemed to remain motionless for a very long time before fairly quickly zipping out of sight.
Apr 30, 2012, 10:04 AM
Umm....Yeah....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
http://www.overflite.com/ One mystery in my area which was reported as a comet was nothing more than a bag glistening in the evening sky
Nice way to start wildfires I suppose. If your into that sort of thing......
Apr 30, 2012, 10:15 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
Big Foot 48's Avatar
Aliens aren't visiting our minor planet. In fact, we may be it, as far as advantaged intelligent life in the universe.
Quote:
Recent discoveries of planets similar to Earth in size and proximity to the planets' respective suns have sparked scientific and public excitement about the possibility of also finding Earth-like life on those worlds.

But Princeton University researchers have found that the expectation that life from bacteria to sentient beings has or will develop on other planets as on Earth might be based more on optimism than scientific evidence.

In fact, the researchers conclude, the current knowledge about life on other planets suggests that it's very possible that Earth is a cosmic aberration where life took shape unusually fast. If so, then the chances of the average terrestrial planet hosting life would be low.
Expectation of extraterrestrial life built more on optimism than evidence, study finds
Apr 30, 2012, 10:26 AM
If the winds blowin, I'm goin!
CashRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
It's a balloon for God's sake. Sheesh.
But, but High...it could be...an ALIEN balloon!!
Apr 30, 2012, 10:29 AM
foamie re-cycler
daddiozz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
Aliens aren't visiting our minor planet. In fact, we may be it, as far as advantaged intelligent life in the universe.
Expectation of extraterrestrial life built more on optimism than evidence, study finds
Me thinks thats a pretty arrogant viewpoint.Since its already been proven there are numerous planets orbiting most stars observed ,and there are billions of stars thruout our galaxie alonre .The likelyhood that life exists elsewhere ,i think its high.Whether such life is intelligent enough to visit us or would even bother is still a relative unknown (at least so far as we know officially) as always , prefer to keep an open mind on the subject .As far as UFOs go ...ANY unknown object flying thru the sky is a UFO ...until identified as a weather balloon or military aircraft or MQX with leds on it...
Apr 30, 2012, 10:37 AM
Out of Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
Aliens aren't visiting our minor planet. In fact, we may be it, as far as advantaged intelligent life in the universe.
Quote:
But Princeton University researchers have found that the expectation that life — from bacteria to sentient beings — has or will develop on other planets as on Earth might be based more on optimism than scientific evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz
Me thinks thats a pretty arrogant viewpoint.Since its already been proven there are numerous planets orbiting most stars observed ,and there are billions of stars thruout our galaxie alonre .The likelyhood that life exists elsewhere ,i think its high.Whether such life is intelligent enough to visit us or would even bother is still a relative unknown (at least so far as we know officially) as always , prefer to keep an open mind on the subject .As far as UFOs go ...ANY unknown object flying thru the sky is a UFO ...until identified as a weather balloon or military aircraft or MQX with leds on it...
Daddio, it's your viewpoint that is a bit arrogant. You join the many others who "optimistically" believe that life "must" exist just because of the odds you state.
I agree that the odds would somehow "suggest", but not "prove" as you and so many others like to optimistically believe, that life exists on other planets.
But the scientific "proof" of that is simply not there.
Apr 30, 2012, 10:50 AM
foamie re-cycler
daddiozz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
Daddio, it's your viewpoint that is a bit arrogant. You join the many others who "optimistically" believe that life "must" exist just because of the odds you state.
I agree that the odds would somehow "suggest", but not "prove" as you and so many others like to optimistically believe, that life exists on other planets.
But the scientific "proof" of that is simply not there.
...and the lack of proof ,"proves" no life exists elsewhere as well ?Reread my post ,I did not state life "must " exist elsewhere ,only that I choose to keep an open mind on the subject ,til "proven" otherwise .
Given the abundace and variety of life here on planet earth ,...some of it quite strange ..., the argument that life itself is a cosmic aberration confined to earth alone is extrmely arrogant.
Apr 30, 2012, 10:54 AM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Saw an odd one just last night.
The object was very bright, looked like a star, moving rather quickly and I assumed it was a LEO sat. Suddenly it began to vanish and reappear on an irregular cycle but always on the original track.
My guess was an odd shaped chunk of space garbage in a tumble that did not always reflect light in my direction.
Apr 30, 2012, 11:10 AM
Registered User
When I was in high school, we saw this shiny round object moving erratically around in the sky. We immediately identified it as a weather balloon. One landed on the ranch. They have a number to call. Folks called the number and they came and got it.
Apr 30, 2012, 11:22 AM
Registered User
DaveG's Avatar
No UFO sightings here after decades of R/C flying. I've been staring way up at the sky while flying sailplanes and am always seeing commercial and military aircraft in the distance. Aircraft can look pretty peculiar, based upon your viewing perspective and lighting.

One of the coolest things I've ever seen was at dusk when a Space Shuttle was returning to Florida. A bright streak cruising through the twilight, near the horizon. It was landing at Kennedy not too many minutes later. Amazing.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Daytona 500 ... most bizzare thing I have ever seen UlteriorModem Life, The Universe, and Politics 46 Mar 03, 2012 02:04 AM
Discussion Have you seen this new Robbe sub? IWC Submarines 6 Feb 27, 2012 11:16 PM
Wanted You have posted in this thread You are subscribed to this thread XP 9303 Transmitte Patchitagain Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 1 Feb 20, 2012 12:44 PM
Discussion Have you guys seen this mounting foam? randall1959 Aerial Photography 3 Oct 29, 2011 08:02 PM
In all the years that you've been into R/C, have you ever seen anything like this... Starguard Parkflyers 3 Jul 28, 2004 10:01 AM