Apr 15, 2019, 11:27 PM
608 km/h!
Hmm, you only need one issue though. Face shield next time I reckon
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2019, 01:05 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Does anyone have a K2m wing that has no fuse, or a busted one that is repairable etc? Wanting to put together a beater for "pass the transmitter" or for one of the kiwi guys. No better time then while I'm here in the USA to be able to take it back
Apr 17, 2019, 09:37 AM
Thread OP
Alex, I have one for you. Its the second one I pulled from the molds (orange/blk/white). It's seen alot of action but still has alot of life left in it. A couple of years ago well after the repairs, it went 460 airspeed at BSP. It has DS6125 glued in that are a little loose but still going... Should've left it with you yesterday...
Apr 17, 2019, 11:54 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Awesome Spencer!! We still have plenty of time left to catch up
Apr 23, 2019, 01:04 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX HEWSON
I got my JR HV wing servos I was after. Have fitted them into my k2m Light. Must say they fit in well and build out has been a breeze as I'm also not using external bearings as this won't be going over 300 as I have my heavy for those conditions
Haha well it went over 300 yesterday. What an awesome machine. So much fun!!
Jun 07, 2019, 01:36 PM
{A life in the wind=~-
Reading through this thread again and saw this post... For some reason that I don't understand, my Futaba needs the following for full flap servo movement - don't ask me why this is or how the hell I figured it out, but here it is...

[FLAP-TRIM]

MIX►ACT

↑►- 78%
RATE (VrA)
↓► 0%

This means you have to keep the VR(A) dial fully counterclockwise, but is the ONLY way I ever get full flap travel out of my Futaba. The 78% isn't arbitrary. It's always 78%.

Silly, I know, don't ask.

Jun 07, 2019, 09:21 PM
Brett
invictarocks, on my last two Futabas (currently a 14SG and previously an 8UAFS), I go into the FLAP SET. option, then put a fairly high value into the OFFSET setting for each flap. This allows you to get the full motion of travel with the throttle stick (for landing crow for example).

I set up all my full house sailplanes in this way, and I never have to deal with the the dial thing.
Jun 08, 2019, 02:18 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Had a couple of good 350+ flights with the K2m today. Getting a good wing bend. Top speed of 367, but was hard to see in the dark sky with dark goggles on and decided it wasn't worth pushing
Jun 08, 2019, 04:35 AM
AvB
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
That's a great shot! So rugged up for that cold!
Jun 15, 2019, 10:35 PM
Lover of fast slope gliders!
Successful maiden of another Kinetic! Life found me in the Palmdale area for the weekend. Was able to spend today at Parker mountain. Winds built to a steady 16-20 at the lip. I had already warmed up with the D60. Launched the kinetic. Couple of clicks of elevator and she was off in frontside lift. Dialed in flap compensation and dialed in elevator throws. That took all of 5 mins of frontside flying. Took her to the darkside

She ate it up. No drama. Just more speed, followed by more speed on each lap. Flew her a total of three times today. Around 90 mins of flight time. My landings still suck at Parker - she survived them though She’s a keeper.

Thank you Spencer for all your support of the affliction that I have.

What’s up with the pumpkin????
Jun 16, 2019, 12:41 AM
Auzzie built planks
Sounds like a perfect day DSing Nice amokka BTW
Latest blog entry: More colours
Jun 16, 2019, 04:45 AM
AvB
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Beautiful.

Quick Reply