New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:27 PM
bmiller is offline
Find More Posts by bmiller
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
bmiller's Avatar
For a stock setup any brand of 5000s work well.
I think the Gens Ace lipos are the best at a fairly low price but there's cheaper out there that will work just fine on the stock setup.
But at my field no one has puffed or swollen a GA pack yet. They seem to keep their shape unlike any of my other brands of packs.
IIRC Herbs Mig is just under 9lbs w 9S 4000s
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:40 PM
gsm026 is offline
Find More Posts by gsm026
Registered User
AV8ER74,

Not sure of your experience with EDF's, probably I'd recommend getting experience with lighter wing loading first. I think the F4 handles fine in the air. Definately move the Cg back to get decent landings. I'm using the Turnigy batteries. I have quite a few of them in different sizes, no reason to pay e-flite's prices IMHO.

Greg
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:14 AM
Aaron Wallace is offline
Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
Registered User
Aaron Wallace's Avatar
I am still having trouble finding a source for the Gens Ace batteries. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Aaron
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:25 AM
AV8ER74 is offline
Find More Posts by AV8ER74
Registered User
AV8ER74's Avatar

Thanks


Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the info.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:29 AM
AV8ER74 is offline
Find More Posts by AV8ER74
Registered User
AV8ER74's Avatar
What is the distance on the CG I should go with on the Stock set up. As far as the c rating on the battery can I go with a 50 or 60 c?
Last edited by AV8ER74; Jul 04, 2012 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Add more words
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:13 AM
Boogie_ is offline
Find More Posts by Boogie_
Cajun-American
Boogie_'s Avatar
Hey guys, been kinda sorta keeping up with this thread. A guy at our field was thinking about getting this jet and was asking me what I knew about it. Told him of both the great successes and of the tragic failures.

I think the heavy wing loading is a factor in some of the crashes.
So I gotta ask, What is it that is making this jet so heavy?

Seems a jet this size should weigh in around the 6 lb mark.


Julian
Old Jul 04, 2012, 08:53 AM
Arngeir Blakseth is online now
Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Senior Member
Arngeir Blakseth's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8ER74 View Post
What is the distance on the CG I should go with on the Stock set up. As far as the c rating on the battery can I go with a 50 or 60 c?
160-165mm for the cg will be fine. Then adjust to suit your own taste. As for batteries, higher C ratings usually mean they will hold better voltage under high load so that is good. A 65C battery will most likely give you a little bit more power than a 45C battery.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 08:55 AM
Arngeir Blakseth is online now
Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Senior Member
Arngeir Blakseth's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_ View Post
Hey guys, been kinda sorta keeping up with this thread. A guy at our field was thinking about getting this jet and was asking me what I knew about it. Told him of both the great successes and of the tragic failures.

I think the heavy wing loading is a factor in some of the crashes.
So I gotta ask, What is it that is making this jet so heavy?

Seems a jet this size should weigh in around the 6 lb mark.


Julian
Had this been a quality European or US made kit the fiberglass work would have been much lighter, I'm also thinking the paint finish adds a bit so there's the 1lb plus. Of course it would have been more $$.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:54 AM
vasek is offline
Find More Posts by vasek
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth View Post
Had this been a quality European or US made kit the fiberglass work would have been much lighter, I'm also thinking the paint finish adds a bit so there's the 1lb plus. Of course it would have been more $$.
Also many use extra Rx batt, Tam struts etc. It all adds up.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:33 AM
tomme21 is offline
Find More Posts by tomme21
tom
tomme21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Wallace View Post
I am still having trouble finding a source for the Gens Ace batteries. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Aaron
http://www.hobbypartz.com/gensacelipo.html
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:54 AM
Quandry is offline
Find More Posts by Quandry
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Wallace View Post
I am still having trouble finding a source for the Gens Ace batteries. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Aaron
Www.radiocontrolledshop.ie
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:41 PM
affas is offline
Find More Posts by affas
Registered User
I did order a jetfan 80 and The HET700-60-2085, but not sure which ESC. Will a 100A be enough for 6S setup?


Recommendations?
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:47 PM
affas is offline
Find More Posts by affas
Registered User
And how does these work?

http://shulmanaviation.com/product_i...oducts_id=1879

I thimk Tams sure looks good but price for s small "fun" jet...
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:29 PM
bmiller is offline
Find More Posts by bmiller
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
bmiller's Avatar
[ ...
Last edited by bmiller; Jul 04, 2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: question already answered
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:11 PM
Arngeir Blakseth is online now
Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Senior Member
Arngeir Blakseth's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasek View Post
Also many use extra Rx batt, Tam struts etc. It all adds up.
Sure, but the fact is still the same about the fiberglass work, it is a bit porky.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Fly-Fly F-4 Phantom: BUILD CRCJA Foamy EDFs 2159 Sep 27, 2016 01:45 AM
Sold Master Fly F-4 Phantom II 1/7 scale 99"lenth 65"w dhf23 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 9 Dec 29, 2011 10:43 PM
Alert E-Flite F-4 Phantom 32 DF ChuckTseeker Electric Plane Talk 17 Sep 09, 2011 01:54 AM
Discussion Starmax F-4 Phantom 90mm Build Thread neversommer Foamy EDFs 31 Jan 12, 2011 04:56 AM
Anyone build/fly AERC F-4 Phantom War Bird Radio Parkflyers 3 May 11, 2003 07:19 PM