Thread Tools
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:27 AM
TAP993 is offline
Find More Posts by TAP993
Registered User
TAP993's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
You can read the manual of the gyro
Done plenty of that over the last month...Still can't reset the GA250, maybe I should put it in the freezer overnight to force a reset ?!

Quote:
Here is as example of configuration:
Ecilop Easy, GY520 gyro, S9257 sevo, weak springs,
Well I found 1 GY520 gyro at a good price and will try that out. Will it be OK with the MKS9670A servos I got from you (& standard springs)?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:14 PM
Zaitsevsky is offline
Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Zaitsevsky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP993 View Post
Done plenty of that over the last month...Still can't reset the GA250, maybe I should put it in the freezer overnight to force a reset ?!


Well I found 1 GY520 gyro at a good price and will try that out. Will it be OK with the MKS9670A servos I got from you (& standard springs)?
I'm not using those gyros. It will be better to use HK401 or another one
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:07 AM
RedSky is offline
Find More Posts by RedSky
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
I'm not using those gyros. It will be better to use HK401 or another one
Yes, that's been my experience, the cheap HK401B gyro and MG930 servo have produced the best results.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:10 AM
alainphoto is offline
Find More Posts by alainphoto
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
I'm planning to release octa, but I can't say when it will be.
I can't wait

I really hopes it will take a 1kg+ camera + lens load (1.5kg would be great). Please don't forget about the lens weight in your design. Nowdays light bodys are quite good in term of quality, but if you want good image quality you need to have good glass, that means most of the weight and the cost is in the front (500-600g sounds a good bet).

I also hope it will be some kind of foldable, that makes a huge difference in practice.
I also hope we'll have the parachute option !

Alain
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:10 AM
stanleyy is offline
Find More Posts by stanleyy
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
Yes, that's been my experience, the cheap HK401B gyro and MG930 servo have produced the best results.
I must only agree
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:21 AM
TAP993 is offline
Find More Posts by TAP993
Registered User
TAP993's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
Yes, that's been my experience, the cheap HK401B gyro and MG930 servo have produced the best results.
Hmm, well the HK401s never turned up (ordered nearly 4 weeks ago), I think something must have gone wrong with the order. I'll try this GY520 and see how I get on when it arrives
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:37 AM
AliB is offline
Find More Posts by AliB
kitesurfer
had some good testing this morning. ecilop flys sooooo much better than the mini650, before event talking about the gimbal ha.

i used exactly the same components, and the ecilop flys SOLID. hands free hovering in atti mode, and gps mode i can push the frame anywhere. never managed to get it so stable on the min650, and i believe this is due to the frame flexing.

gimabl wise, im using hk401b and mg930s. i have my roll perfect dialed perfect i think. but still not quite managed to get the pitch right. there always seems a little lag in the responce.
not sure if this is the servo or the gyro, or something else. tried 2 servos. and 2 gyros.
maybe i should try another servo.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:09 PM
TAP993 is offline
Find More Posts by TAP993
Registered User
TAP993's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
gimabl wise, im using hk401b and mg930s. i have my roll perfect dialed perfect i think. but still not quite managed to get the pitch right. there always seems a little lag in the responce.
Just a thought: I noticed that the springs were rubbing very slightly on the frame. I squeezed the ends with some pliers which gave greater clearance. I'm going to shim the pitch servo out a little too. This didn't cure my gyro problems, but rubbing could introduce a slight delay?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:53 AM
InfinitR is offline
Find More Posts by InfinitR
Registered User
Hello, very interested in this platform.

I am an APM2 user though. Can anyone confirm whether I can use APM2 gimbal controls with this gyro setup? Or do I need a separate gimbal controller? I've never used separate gyros before and am still trying to understand the interface.

Thanks.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:02 AM
Ulda is offline
Find More Posts by Ulda
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitR View Post
Hello, very interested in this platform.

I am an APM2 user though. Can anyone confirm whether I can use APM2 gimbal controls with this gyro setup? Or do I need a separate gimbal controller? I've never used separate gyros before and am still trying to understand the interface.
Thanks.
I use the APM2 with Ecilop quite succesfuly. With Hk401b gyro and tgy930 servo. And hours of tuning and adjusting. And still not totally succesfull.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:06 PM
InfinitR is offline
Find More Posts by InfinitR
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulda View Post
I use the APM2 with Ecilop quite succesfuly. With Hk401b gyro and tgy930 servo. And hours of tuning and adjusting. And still not totally succesfull.
Thanks. Confused a bit though. You say you use it successfully, but not totally successful. What do you mean by that? Any info on setup? Are you able to configure in Mission Planner? Thanks again.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:54 PM
importon is offline
Find More Posts by importon
Registered User
Just wondering what some experienced users would say about prop and landing leg clearance of the ecilop easy for use with very wide lenses. Has anyone used a panisonic 7-14m m43 lens on ecilop? If so, is the camera placement such that there are no copter parts in your shot? Does anyone have any ideas/mods for how to use an extremely wide lense on the ecilop?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:27 PM
InfinitR is offline
Find More Posts by InfinitR
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by importon View Post
Just wondering what some experienced users would say about prop and landing leg clearance of the ecilop easy for use with very wide lenses. Has anyone used a panisonic 7-14m m43 lens on ecilop? If so, is the camera placement such that there are no copter parts in your shot? Does anyone have any ideas/mods for how to use an extremely wide lense on the ecilop?

Regarding mods, I have an idea. I can't tell for sure from the product pictures, but it looks like that with one screw removed from the arm mount, there is enough room for it to swing out a bit. It may be possible to drill a secondary hole in the arm mount plate that would position the arms at 120 degree pairs front and back. Basically a flattened X pattern. Tri-copters use 120 degree arms up front with one centeral in the back. This basically just mirrors the 120 front and back. There is also the possibility for an X8 in this configuration using a bracket to stack motors on the arm (so long as there is enough clearance from the gimbal and the lower props). I've seen a successful build in this configuration on another copter and it was very stable with an increased FOV. Look up "XY8-ESOc" for an idea of what I am talking about.

One side effect would be the need for a modified landing gear configuration.
Last edited by InfinitR; Oct 15, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
Patscherpofel is offline
Find More Posts by Patscherpofel
Registered User
Patscherpofel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by importon View Post
Just wondering what some experienced users would say about prop and landing leg clearance of the ecilop easy for use with very wide lenses. Has anyone used a panisonic 7-14m m43 lens on ecilop? If so, is the camera placement such that there are no copter parts in your shot? Does anyone have any ideas/mods for how to use an extremely wide lense on the ecilop?

flying without landing gear is always an option for me
(for example) take off from a box ...and catch it with your hand
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:11 PM
Zaitsevsky is offline
Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Zaitsevsky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patscherpofel View Post
flying without landing gear is always an option for me
(for example) take off from a box ...and catch it with your hand
I'm doing the same
Site Sponsor


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Five easy piece f-14 tomcat bobdaeronort Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 80 Oct 25, 2012 06:43 PM
Discussion Easy Glider VS Easy Glider Pro (what's different?) MkFn Electric Sailplanes 7 Nov 17, 2011 08:42 PM
Discussion Easi Glider film boca55 Serbia 0 Apr 20, 2008 05:46 PM
Discussion Spring Easi* in NZ harrys one Aerial Photography 8 Nov 14, 2007 02:22 PM