May 02, 2012, 12:40 PM
This ones (with 530KV):
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Motor.html

From my point of view the motors are great, but you have to consider the different mounting and I am not using the prop-adapter coming with the motor.

best regards

Ferdinand
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2012, 03:41 PM
Flew some more this morning (ran 2x 5000mah batteries through it). Didn't have a chance to change the gains or settings much but the footage is OK. There is movement in the image but its not jerky like a traditional mount.

My NAZA was playing up this morning, altitude hold was going nuts so some of the shots were ruined but I will cut some of the better stuff together and put it up later today. No stabilization I promise!

Intersting, with my prop/motor combo I get 9 mins of flying time (leaving 20% in the pack). 8 mins leaves just under 30% in the pack.

In my opinion this is a nice combo of economy and flight times etc. Very happy so far.
May 02, 2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico
There is movement in the image but its not jerky like a traditional mount.
Such kind of motion is prefectly acceptible. Some folks even prefer that as it makes things look more dynamic. Jerky motion is a no-no.

Quote:
No stabilization I promise!
No post stab I assume
May 03, 2012, 05:51 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Hi,
i received and assambled mine, and the project is awsome but i figured out that some parts of the central frame could be a little stronger... about function i did not tested yet.

About the Setup i have:

1) NAZA and WKM but i think WKM due to the NAZA limitation in the position mount and drifting problem if not centred in the baricenter.
2) ESC HobbyWing FlyFun 30A
3) Motors NTM 28-30 750kw High Quality
4) FPV TxV RC Immersion 5.8Ghz 600mw
5) Antenna PinWheel 5.8Ghz Terry Built
6) Camera Lumix GF3 14" ..... Zaitsevsky PLEASE SEND US AN ADAPTER for all the other cameras than the NEX!!!!
7) Props APC SlowFly 10x4,7 and 11x4,7

I'm thinking if i need the Gyros too even if i use the WKM with his nice Gimbal functions..
and about servos..... where i can get 2 of the MKS DS8910 in Europe??
They will works with WKM??
They are very fast, the WKM will manage them?
I can avoid to buy 2 Gyros and spend other money and have good result?
Zaitsevsky did you tested with WKM (most diffuse FC with GPS)?

Sardinia Multirotors
www.brombo.it
Last edited by Brombo; May 09, 2012 at 04:32 AM.
May 03, 2012, 06:44 AM
Thread OP
Here is one more simple raw sample:
Ecilop Easy, simple RAW sample (2 min 32 sec)

original file: http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...8200/00006.MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brombo
Hi,
6) Camera Lumix GF3 14" ..... Zaitsevsky PLEASE SEND US AN ADAPTER for all the other cameras than the NEX!!!!

and about servos..... where i can get 2 of the MKS DS8910 in Europe??
I can avoid to buy 2 Gyros and spend other money and have good result?
Zaitsevsky did you tested with WKM (most diffuse FC with GPS)?

Sardinia Multirotors
www.brombo.it
I haven't those cameras to produce mounts. May be it will be available in future.

You can use any srvo of that size. read recommendations in FAQ .

You must use additional gyro on the gimbal side.
Last edited by Zaitsevsky; May 03, 2012 at 07:13 AM.
May 03, 2012, 07:12 AM
Sorry guys.... life got in the way today. Promise to put that footage together tomorrow and get it up. SOme of its quite nice, some of it is sh*it but overall its a good start.
May 03, 2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky
nice. i like how stable it flies. i would like to see some test in windy conditions. do you fly with an MK Flight controller?
May 03, 2012, 03:05 PM
Here some impressions from my first flights today. Not perfect, but I think I know what to do. I really love the "active damping" via gyro + servo, this is really a great idea!

Ecilop Easy with Naza (4 min 1 sec)

best regards

Ferdinand
May 03, 2012, 06:25 PM
HI Ferdinand, what equipment do you have on your Ecilop Easy? also what gauge of wiring did you go for with the Battery pack? Im using 14 AWG but a but worried its too small!
May 03, 2012, 06:37 PM
Thread OP
If your wires are not hot - it's ok. with AWG 14 you are loosing 0.1V (0.6%) of feed (average).

Quote:
HI Ferdinand, what equipment do you have on your Ecilop Easy? also what gauge of wiring did you go for with the Battery pack? Im using 14 AWG but a but worried its too small!
May 04, 2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays
This ones (with 530KV):
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Motor.html

From my point of view the motors are great, but you have to consider the different mounting and I am not using the prop-adapter coming with the motor.

best regards

Ferdinand
Can you show me how you did the propeller mount? I will use this engine too on my ecilop some day. Just have to order my ecilop first.
May 04, 2012, 03:00 AM
@Jelico
I extended the leads of the esc by the same dimension (front ones by 12cm, back ones by 3cm) and then combined them and continued with a lead of thickness of a typical 4000er Lipo Pack. (Sorry but I am not used to the diameter specs of leads).

@culexus
Like this. I had do open the center hole (of the prop) to 9mm, then you get a nice fit on the Bell of the motor.

best regards Ferdinand
Last edited by EndOfDays; May 04, 2012 at 03:40 AM.
May 05, 2012, 04:16 AM
OK here you go. This video is completely raw, un stabilized and un graded. Obviously I picked the better shots and cut them together with some music. There is a LONG way to go before the gains/stabilisation is dialed but so far its OK.

Ecilop "flying steady cam" first impressions (3 min 41 sec)
May 05, 2012, 04:26 AM
But this is great right from the start! Well done!

best regards

Ferdinand
May 05, 2012, 04:42 AM
@Jelico: Great progress. Is that still with the Assan and MG930 on both axis?

Just roll seems too loose.

I'll finally get my hands on it next week.

Quick Reply