May 01, 2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks Aleksey, the Naza is known to have a fairly basic camera stabilization output. I have noticed that its fairly useless on my Askman mount with high performance servos.
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2012, 06:10 PM
Found out the Naza's have a 50 Hertz output to match Analogue servos... I wonder if its worth trying some "fast" analogue servos to match it?
May 01, 2012, 06:26 PM
Why should the Ecilop need more than 50Hz output? Shouldn't this type of inertial stabilisation require just low-frequency corrections, much less than 50Hz even?

If it needs corrections of several hundred Hz then where is the difference to those nervous servo-only based mounts?

BTW, not sure if you guys have seen the latest Zenmuse on-board video. IMHO full of small high-frequency corrections and a much less stable RAW footage than what the Ecilop delivers. Maybe a good system to keep a target centered at any cost, but the tracking is not smooth.
May 01, 2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico
Found out the Naza's have a 50 Hertz output to match Analogue servos... I wonder if its worth trying some "fast" analogue servos to match it?
I'd be interested to hear how things progress with your ecilop while you are trying to get everything working well and trying different equipment. I was curious to hear how the naza would do because it is wildly popular right now and could become the go to fc for a lot of guys new to flying. Please keep us updated when you can. I would love to see footage taken from your bird with the naza even laging behind just to get some first hand knowledge of how it performs with a less than perfect setup. Thanks for sharing what you have so far!

Keith Frikkin' Morris
May 01, 2012, 09:29 PM
sure thing - will try to get some footage out of her tonight if you like, and will at least give you some photos of the completed build.
May 01, 2012, 10:45 PM
Right on dude! I appreciate it!

Keith Frikkin' Morris
May 02, 2012, 04:19 AM
Photos below. Took some footage ouside at night - its not great but its the first attempt so I will upload it
May 02, 2012, 06:15 AM
password is ecilop.

heres the first video: https://vimeo.com/41410414

The gimbal stabilization is WAY off but at least its smooth movements. I have since added lights to the quad so that it will be easier to fly at night.

I am really happy with my Sunnysky 2814 (870 KV) motors and the gem fan 11x4.7 props. I have balanced NOTHING in this build and it is flying very smooth.

Naza has no problem sitting on the side of center and performance with my 4S 5000 MAH battery is pretty amazing. TONS of excess power, and the quad is very maneuverable.
May 02, 2012, 06:25 AM
Is it hard to get good results from it? What are the issues?
May 02, 2012, 07:58 AM
Aleksey, I see where you've taken the Turnigy 9X off of the recommended gear in the build instructions. Any specific reason for doing so? Just wondering.
May 02, 2012, 08:07 AM
@Jelico,

To me your first video is quite good, the important point for me to see is, that you do not have this horizon-wobbling in your video, as many other gimbal-stablilization systems have (as a result of the system response time beeing to slow). So I am very optimistic.
Here my status so far (hope to make my first flight tomorrow):

best regards

Ferdinand
May 02, 2012, 08:39 AM
Jelico, not too bad! When this thing is tweaked it will be the "game changer" (a term that "the others" dream of).
May 02, 2012, 08:43 AM
@EndOfDays: Are these 10" or 11"? I have just 11" here waiting for the Ecilop and I am
wondering if this cr... of DJI NAZA will not freak out if the disc loading is too low. Will find out soon.
May 02, 2012, 10:38 AM
@~>Miha<~
The props are 14".

best regards

Ferdinand
May 02, 2012, 11:55 AM
@EndOfDays

What motors are you using? hobbyking 620kV ones?

Quick Reply