Jun 07, 2012, 05:57 AM
I have been building/flying helis and rc aircraft since I was a child but Im a multicopter noob. I have been researching multicopters for over a month. I have been following this thread and i am interested in getting the ecilop for AV use. I have settled on the naza fc. What I need you gurus help on is the rest of the build. I will have a 1 pound payload SD-800k.What motors escs, radio etc. I am basically looking for a build list for the ecilop. Any recommendations?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2012, 06:59 AM
I can recommend:

Sunnysky 2814 motors (880 or 700 KV)
APC props
DJI opto 30A ESC
HK 401 Gyros
Turnigy 930 MG servos
Naza FC
Zippy 5000MAH 20C 4s Batteries..
Jun 07, 2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks!
Jun 07, 2012, 01:52 PM
FPV from Lithuania
Turnigy MG930 servos are enough for gimbal?
Jun 07, 2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico
I can recommend:

Sunnysky 2814 motors (880 or 700 KV)
APC props
DJI opto 30A ESC
HK 401 Gyros
Turnigy 930 MG servos
Naza FC
Zippy 5000MAH 20C 4s Batteries..
Jelico,
I am finishing up my ecilop (I didn't like the first wiring job...)Can you take a picture of the bottom HK 401 gyros on your ecilop? I couldn't tell where it goes, and how to connect the two 401 gyros.
thanks
Kevin
Jun 07, 2012, 03:00 PM
Where is that post? I remember that I saw a few days ago a post by Aleksey about recommended weight ratio between camera and battery (for Ecilop Easy), but I can't find it anymore. Any pointer much appreciated.
Jun 07, 2012, 03:13 PM
FPV from Lithuania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~
Where is that post? I remember that I saw a few days ago a post by Aleksey about recommended weight ratio between camera and battery (for Ecilop Easy), but I can't find it anymore. Any pointer much appreciated.
I remember it is about 0.8-1.3.
Jun 07, 2012, 05:53 PM
what could be the reason my role servo starts to jitter when i tilt the camera far forward or backwards? (around 90dergrees)
when I grab the camera arm it stops and when I give the arm a tap it starts again
I tried to lower all setttings on the controller box (turnigy mini mems) but no change at all
apart from that everything works really good
Jun 07, 2012, 06:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patscherpofel
what could be the reason my role servo starts to jitter when i tilt the camera far forward or backwards? (around 90dergrees)
when I grab the camera arm it stops and when I give the arm a tap it starts again
I tried to lower all setttings on the controller box (turnigy mini mems) but no change at all
apart from that everything works really good
When camera is tilted forward balance beam is less effective for the roll axle. If you need to use maximal tilt frequently - you must adjust the roll gyro at 1/2 of maximal tilt. In my configuration (MK+turnigy_mini_mems+MKS DS8910) MK output value for the roll gyro gain = 70.

Camera/battery ratio was given for Universal camera fixture: 0.9 - 1.35 (mass of the camera divided by the mass of the battery).
Last edited by Zaitsevsky; Jun 07, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
Jun 07, 2012, 09:02 PM
my ecilop is now nicely tuned. better than traditional gyro gimbal setups by far. the only thing better is... (i'm not going to mention names)...

aleksy, well done. i understand why it works so well. the other systems react to angular change, this system does exactly the opposite. it doesn't react.

so simple but so effective.
Jun 09, 2012, 10:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22
I guess should be more clear. With reference to the post above mine (now shown below). DJI camera gimbal control, not Zenmuse, NOR in conjunction with the ECILOP, can be on the slow side compared to others.

I have a Naza for my Ecilop. I'm sure the gyro/spring/balance system will be another story, and MUCH better than other gimbals (with DJI stabilization). Clear?
About Zenmuse technology

The idea of a direct magnetic drive working as a linear motor occurred to me several times, but I never took it further. The reason was that the use of a brushless motor as a direct drive is not very efficient. It means that the weight of the motor and energy consumption will be too high. When loaded, the motor will heat up considerably. If the load is not balanced, the power of the motor will not be sufficient for maintaining the same position.

At the moment of writing, the Zenmuse gimbal is not yet available for purchase and hasn’t been tested by me. The declared position control accuracy makes me think that they use a 13-bit rotary encoder, most probably a magnetic one. However, only field tests can reveal the actual mechanical accuracy.

When talking about Zenmuse, peoples often use the term “steping motor” – and may be, that’s a mistake, since a step motor has a small number of discrete positions, and the camera requires smooth rotation. (click the link for the explanation)
Last edited by Zaitsevsky; Jun 09, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Jun 10, 2012, 12:36 AM
Hi Aleksey,

Is there a pan upgrade under development? I think that this would be a really useful addition.

Loving my Ecilop
Jun 10, 2012, 02:14 AM
I still can't find out how to connect the two wires from the 401B Gyro. How should I connect it without going through flight controller? Can any one help? I know one side connect to servo, how about the single yellow cable?
thanks,
Last edited by kevinlib; Jun 10, 2012 at 03:00 AM.
Jun 10, 2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky
About Zenmuse technology

The idea of a direct magnetic drive working as a linear motor occurred to me several times, but I never took it further. The reason was that the use of a brushless motor as a direct drive is not very efficient. It means that the weight of the motor and energy consumption will be too high. When loaded, the motor will heat up considerably. If the load is not balanced, the power of the motor will not be sufficient for maintaining the same position.

At the moment of writing, the Zenmuse gimbal is not yet available for purchase and hasn’t been tested by me. The declared position control accuracy makes me think that they use a 13-bit rotary encoder, most probably a magnetic one. However, only field tests can reveal the actual mechanical accuracy.

When talking about Zenmuse, peoples often use the term “steping motor” – and may be, that’s a mistake, since a step motor has a small number of discrete positions, and the camera requires smooth rotation. (click the link for the explanation)
Hi,
they use exactly this motor:
http://www.maxonmotor.com/medias/sys...172_Detail.jpg
If you look at the spec´s at Maxon it´s 70 Watt brushless motor with hall sensors.
Jun 10, 2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlib
I still can't find out how to connect the two wires from the 401B Gyro. How should I connect it without going through flight controller? Can any one help? I know one side connect to servo, how about the single yellow cable?
thanks,
Single wire gain.
three wire singnal and current.

single wire connected to the receiver's aux output
three wire to DJI cam output either nick or roll

Quick Reply