May 11, 2012, 01:48 PM
Is it olso capable to lift a gh2 with four moto ?
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2012, 02:33 PM
Sardinia Multirotors
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton1993
Wath is you configuration, (motor, prop, batterie) ?
1) 4 Motors MK3638
2) 4 HobbyWing FlyFun 40A
3) Hyperion 5000mAh
4) WooKong M
5) Bec 7.5A to power up the Servos
6) 2x Power HD 3688HB Digital Servo 25g/2.8kg/.07sec
7) 2x Turnigy Mini MEMS AVCS Gyro & Program Box
8) Panasonic Lumix GF3
9) GoPro HD
10) RC Immersion 600mw
11) PinWheel Antenna

The motors in the pictures are the old ones and not enough to lift 2.5Kg.. and more, i will be around 2.8Kg at the end.
i replaced with 4 MK3638 that have a trust of 2200gr each, so we are around 800gr each to be safe.. and 3.2 kg totally.
It depence from the Props and i asked suggestions for that and i will get some 12" APC and Graupner.
May 12, 2012, 02:15 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays
Hello

Finally I mounted a WKM on the Elicop Easy. If somebody else wants to do so, you have to mount the IMU on the frame, otherwise it will not fly, the damping would be too much.

works much better than with the Naza (since you can rely on the GPS-hold).

best regards

Ferdinand
So you mean that my configuration will be hard to fly?
I tried with old motors and empty setup and i feel very unstable and strange behaviors..
i will try to mount the IMU in the Frame, no problem to put it upside down?
Last edited by Brombo; May 15, 2012 at 02:00 AM.
May 12, 2012, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brombo
So you mean that my configuration will be hard to fly?
I tried with old motors and empty setup and i feel very unstable and strange behaviors..
i will try to mount the IMU in the Frame, no problem to put it upsidedown?
Just for your reference you must not mount the IMU upsides down, if you look at the pic it's the right way up but underneath!
May 12, 2012, 03:28 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk
Just for your reference you must not mount the IMU upsides down, if you look at the pic it's the right way up but underneath!
Right, i see ty topgearuk
May 12, 2012, 03:51 AM
The IMU needs to be mounted on the frame, not on the damped part of the Ecilop where all the other components are sitting. This vibration damping is good, but it would (and it will as I already tested) confuse the IMU.

So simple solution for a solid performance -> IMU to be mounted on the frame.

best regards

Ferdinand
May 12, 2012, 03:56 AM
@Brombo,

Is this your first multicopter? If so, I would recommend only to assemble the copter without the cam-part and get the WKM up and running. Then you should practice all the functions of the WKM to feel save and comfortable when flying. If you have gained confidence, then I would be a good time to install the camera part.

best regards

Ferdinand
May 12, 2012, 04:01 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Quote:
@Brombo,

Is this your first multicopter? If so, I would recommend only to assemble the copter without the cam-part and get the WKM up and running. Then you should practice all the functions of the WKM to feel save and comfortable when flying. If you have gained confidence, then I would be a good time to install the camera part.

best regards

Ferdinand
Nope it's just my 15th, and it's my 3rd WKM, i mounted in 15 different machines but never under like yours, i just asked coz i have not seen that the IMU was in the right position but just under.
lol ty, but i know something and i pilot basically in FPV, obviosly the picture was just to know the total flight weight and to see the final setup even if is not finished yet.
ty for suggestions anyway
May 12, 2012, 05:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~
Yes, but compared to the Copter Kids' high speed tracking shots with their single-rotor, that multi-rotor footage is just a sleeping pill. A difference like day and night. No multi-rotor rig will give any stable footage at high-speed, if able to fly that fast at all. Good just for static shots (so far).
Those guys who recently put a Cineflex on a RC craft, have chosen a single-rotor too. Just watch from 2:10 onward:
http://vimeo.com/40483583"]http://vimeo.com/40483583
My apologies for getting slightly OT. I'll have the Ecilop in three days.
Schiebel S-100 crash kills engineer in South Korea
May 12, 2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky
Looks like a gone-bad RTH/RTL.

That's worse than the Yamaha Rmax accident a few years ago (was in South Korea too).
May 13, 2012, 12:48 AM
Connecticut Quad Hacker

Looks like a good story for a conspiracy theory

delete
Last edited by batfire; May 21, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
May 13, 2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
The IMU needs to be mounted on the frame, not on the damped part of the Ecilop where all the other components are sitting. This vibration damping is good, but it would (and it will as I already tested) confuse the IMU.

So simple solution for a solid performance -> IMU to be mounted on the frame.

best regards

Ferdinand
isnt that vibration dampening just some little rubber pieces or are there also springs making it more soft?

if just just rubber, a lot of people are using these things to get the vibration away from the sensors...ok there is a lot more weight involved on the ecilop system,
would the FC swing more then a few millimeters?
May 13, 2012, 04:06 AM
The WKM needs to be mounted directly, since it is internally damped.

best regards
Ferdinand
May 13, 2012, 05:01 AM
So what is the size of this quad? i.e. diagonal axis distance motor to motor? Trying to figure out how small "small to fit a car seat" is, but not easy to grasp it from the pictures here...
May 13, 2012, 05:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex2009
So what is the size of this quad? i.e. diagonal axis distance motor to motor? Trying to figure out how small "small to fit a car seat" is, but not easy to grasp it from the pictures here...
diagonal axis distance motor to motor = 641mm

Quick Reply