Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Apr 25, 2012, 09:40 PM
Registered User
Discussion

what do you guys think of u can do 3d


I think I want the 60.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2012, 09:52 PM
Registered User
I think that U Can Do It!
Apr 26, 2012, 12:11 AM
Registered User
I missed out on buying one with a saito 91....

I wanted it bad!

Only thing I was told by a few was to strengthen the landing gear.

Looks like a sweet plane! I still want one!!!!
Apr 26, 2012, 12:44 AM
Registered User
Very capable design.
Apr 26, 2012, 07:05 AM
Registered User
earlwb's Avatar
I think it is a really good design. My first impression was it is more of a pattern or aerobatic plane, But with the larger control surfaces it can do the 3D stunts including hovering too.
I plan on getting another one soon too.
Apr 26, 2012, 08:49 PM
Registered User
A buddy has the 60 size converted to electric. Kind of a neat plane IMHO.
Apr 26, 2012, 10:34 PM
H&H
H&H
H&H Hobbies
H&H's Avatar
The model is a good flyer and nice 3d platform. Please consider my advice, If you do get oneReinforce the firewall. Seriously.
I never had problems with the landing gear area, but reinforcing the LG is never a bad idea.
Also I would recommend against mounting the engine inverted. The relationship of the tank to carb is a bad one and unless you clamp the fuel line between flights, the fuel will syphon out onto the ground and/or can fill up the cylinder with fuel causing a hydro lock.
For 3D performance a 1.2 four stroke is good.
Apr 27, 2012, 07:27 AM
ARFs Are Me
TomCrump's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H
The model is a good flyer and nice 3d platform. Please consider my advice, If you do get oneReinforce the firewall. Seriously.
I never had problems with the landing gear area, but reinforcing the LG is never a bad idea.
Also I would recommend against mounting the engine inverted. The relationship of the tank to carb is a bad one and unless you clamp the fuel line between flights, the fuel will syphon out onto the ground and/or can fill up the cylinder with fuel causing a hydro lock.
For 3D performance a 1.2 four stroke is good.
Thanks for this post.

I have one in my shop, to repair for a friend. The firewall fell off while I was inspecting the fuselage.

Looking inside, the nose area is definately a week spot. I plan to use triangle stock on the back, and glass, on the front of the firewall. There isn't enough firewall depth, to pin it from the sides.

I'll look into the tank location, as the owner wants his Saito 91 to be mounted inverted.

The landing gear mount isn't broken, but there are cracks in the fuselage sides. I'll need to strip the covering, to see what is needed.

Thanks, again, for your post. It gives me some ideas as to what needs to be done.
Apr 27, 2012, 11:04 PM
Registered User
tacx's Avatar
One of my favorite planes. I love to fly it in the wind.

BE WARNED! It is not meant for speed. If you over power it and try to go to fast you will blow the wings off of it. Great Planes even says this in the instruction manual. It is a very light weight plane.
Apr 27, 2012, 11:09 PM
Registered User
Yeah, it has quite a thick wing and is meant for slow flying, as I recall.
Apr 27, 2012, 11:17 PM
Registered User
When someone says that the landing gear block needs to be strengthened that just means that they are bad at landings. LOL
Last edited by Kyler1; Apr 29, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Apr 28, 2012, 07:45 PM
Registered User
Thanks for all the replies. I'm now thinking a .46 ucando3d may fit into the hanger better
Apr 29, 2012, 04:11 PM
Gas Only
Fokker DII's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylerdinger
When someone says that the landing gear block needs to be strengthened that just means that they are bad at landings. LOL
Sounds sooo true. I broke lots of lg blocks, but since landings have seriously improved it's been a long time since I broke one out.
Apr 29, 2012, 06:11 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan03
Thanks for all the replies. I'm now thinking a .46 ucando3d may fit into the hanger better
Something tells me you would be happier with the big one, if you can swing it.
Apr 29, 2012, 10:11 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokker DII
Sounds sooo true. I broke lots of lg blocks, but since landings have seriously improved it's been a long time since I broke one out.
Out of my 5 years of rc I have never broke a landing gear block, and I am a self taught pilot. I have never had a problem with landings, but I spent alot of time on realflight.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion What do you guys think of this modification to bixler? cc151 FPV Talk 7 Mar 11, 2012 09:52 PM
For Sale What do you think i can get for this? gasman1129 Boats (FS/W) 1 Mar 05, 2012 06:04 AM
Discussion what do you guys think of this clone dynam 3D Flying 0 Feb 28, 2012 11:04 PM
Question What do you guys think of this? (FPV) Teamsherman FPV Talk 34 Sep 17, 2011 05:48 AM
Discussion What do you guys think of this? (FPV) Teamsherman Australia 1 Sep 14, 2011 05:48 AM