RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
That was a lot of fun!
Nice job, Jim....

Now, get your a$$ in gear and get that transmitter out to your groupies !! (like me!)
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by Graeme Marion
Great interview.
It almost makes me want to try electric ducted fans.

Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by tele1974
You got my attention. I have been shopping for a replacement for my 9303. But I really don't want to spend money on 20 year old technology in a shiny new box. Subscribed.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN
One more feature which will be useful would be the ability to store a text file linked to each model.
With more than 1 model, I sometimes do not remember the batteries installed on each, and how to recharge them. So I would like to have the ability to store a text file, written on a PC, on board the model, which could be read on the display.
Another feature would be a log book stored on the transmitter that will log flights for each model.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
There are 16 characters for model name, and 16 characters for model info currently. I could make it so that the model info was the filename if that was chosen instead of a text string.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:05 PM
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
...that feature could fall under the class of "third party app" to run in the Tx, no?... storing a DB of text strings for a model that doesn't in any way relate to flight control. pretty simple app to log a pile of notes on a plane, unlimited by the size of the memory card, etc.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updated Hatcam - Apr2016
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN
The way I see the logbook working is that every time I switch the TX off I get a screen for a log book entry. The time of the flight can be given by the TX automatically, and I have room for entering text, either free text or a form, for each entry. This entry (or entries) can then be downloaded to an app on my PC or smart phone where a full DB is stored and maintained.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:03 PM
Find More Posts by rebell
JustFlying
I think it will be nice to have. Many times I wanted to keep log of my flights, but I just don't have the dissipline to continue doing it. This will help.

BUT - BUT

If it is going to delay the release date by any means, leave it till later or for a third party application.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by greyflight390
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebell View Post
I think it will be nice to have. Many times I wanted to keep log of my flights, but I just don't have the dissipline to continue doing it. This will help.

BUT - BUT

If it is going to delay the release date by any means, leave it till later or for a third party application.
Yeah what he said

Ken
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:01 PM
Find More Posts by daign
My RC builds in my profile.
been looking for a proper radio to replace my aurora 9....

RSSI and voltage telemetry on screen would rock.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:25 PM
Find More Posts by aarcwarbirds
The log book idea with where you had the switches would be great so you don't switch to a model that needs high rates to fly and you remember low rates because you have too many models. Or have a note pad page to remind you when you start a model.

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:02 PM
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
been looking for a proper radio to replace my aurora 9....

RSSI and voltage telemetry on screen would rock.
Our Aurora 9 module gives you these features on the Aurora 9's screen. Of course our transmitter does as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2013, 01:46 PM
Find More Posts by Grich
Will the XPS-3216 give speech to the telemetry the radio receives with us only having to select voice output on the radio? and if not will u release an ap update to make it so?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by Bazz
Bazz
The XPS-3216 specs from page 1 states:
"Audio Out": 3 w speaker with sound, music, and speech capabilities"