Thread Tools
Oct 20, 2012, 12:36 AM
Registered User
Grich's Avatar
Jim, the dx18 now has two xmitter antennas one vertical and one horizontal located in the handle. That sounds like a good idea. Whats ur thoughts?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2012, 11:13 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Our DivBee module has diversity.
Oct 20, 2012, 02:33 PM
Registered User
Hello Jim,

No delay or news for the first batch ??

A+FRED
Oct 20, 2012, 02:34 PM
Registered User
Grich's Avatar
so with the DivBee module, the two antenna's are unnecessary?
Oct 20, 2012, 03:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich
Jim, the dx18 now has two xmitter antennas one vertical and one horizontal located in the handle. That sounds like a good idea. Whats ur thoughts?
That sounds almost like they are using "Circular Polarization".I would think it a waste,to have the two antennas perpendicular and NOT use circular polarity!!
Oct 20, 2012, 05:42 PM
Registered User
E_ferret's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB9STD
That sounds almost like they are using "Circular Polarization".I would think it a waste,to have the two antennas perpendicular and NOT use circular polarity!!
cant stop progress, next in the works will be a Moebius loop antenna.
BTW you forgot the "big grin" smilies.
Oct 21, 2012, 12:02 AM
Registered User
Grich's Avatar
what bug's me about this forum is that when i finally have a decent question for Jim, the peanut gallery has to chime in instead of waiting for Jim to see the actual question and replying instead of him having to read through others reply's.
Oct 21, 2012, 01:42 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich
so with the DivBee module, the two antenna's are unnecessary?
'diversity' means that it is able to use two antennae and select the one with the strongest signal at any point in time. By having two antennae at right angles one can minimize polarisation losses.
Oct 21, 2012, 09:22 AM
Registered User
Grich's Avatar
That reply of diversity brings me back to the question of would two antennas at right angles at the XPS transmitter work better. This of course would have to be in the next version of transmitter after the release of the XPS-3216.
Oct 21, 2012, 10:05 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich
what bug's me about this forum is that when i finally have a decent question for Jim, the peanut gallery has to chime in instead of waiting for Jim to see the actual question and replying instead of him having to read through others reply's.
Sounds to me like SOMEone wishes a Private forum.Wait;That wouldn't BE a FORUM!
Doesn't everyone have access to the "Private Message" feature??? Maybe SKIPE would be better suited to their personal liking??
Oct 21, 2012, 12:36 PM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
Or... all the naysayers that have nothing positive to contribute could keep their opinions to themselves. I understand the frustration with waiting for this product to come out. Truly I do, I would love to have it. But either decide to wait, or move on. Hanging around and spouting off negativity helps nobody.
Oct 21, 2012, 01:23 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
tholmes345's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m
Or... all the naysayers that have nothing positive to contribute could keep their opinions to themselves. I understand the frustration with waiting for this product to come out. Truly I do, I would love to have it. But either decide to wait, or move on. Hanging around and spouting off negativity helps nobody.
Amen and AMEN!
Oct 21, 2012, 03:41 PM
KJ4IKY Gravity Wins
blade thrasher's Avatar
Are there any more pictures of the Tx that I missed in the last 2 years of threads?

Im not really sure if these are images of the XPS but its all I could find.
Last edited by blade thrasher; Oct 21, 2012 at 03:47 PM.
Oct 21, 2012, 05:21 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich
That reply of diversity brings me back to the question of would two antennas at right angles at the XPS transmitter work better. This of course would have to be in the next version of transmitter after the release of the XPS-3216.
Probably yes. Remember that the Tx and the Rx are both transceivers. Commands go from the Tx to the Rx and telemetry goes from the Rx to the Tx. Using two antennae reduces polarisation mismatch and hence increases reliability and effective range.
Oct 22, 2012, 06:49 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
You don't need antennas at right angles, but that would be optimal to help eliminate path loss.

The DivBee module automatically selects the best antenna for reception and uses that during the course of receiving a packet. The ACK (and telemetry) are transmitted back on the same antenna that was used for reception as that is likely the best antenna to use at that very moment in time.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold XPS 2.4GHz JR Transmitter Module (9x) az_heliguy Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 19 Apr 04, 2012 11:07 PM
For Sale Hacker / Spin 170 Controller, XPS Pro Dynamax, 15S 6800 XPS packs in 3S bricks. penceaviation Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 9 Oct 13, 2011 07:55 AM
Wanted XPS 6800mah 65c 6s want to trade for xps 5000mah 65c and will pay difference sherlockshah Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 3 Oct 12, 2011 08:30 AM
For Sale 3s xps 5000mah 65c $60 shipped with warranty also 2s xps 5000mah 65c $45 shipped with sherlockshah Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 2 Sep 24, 2011 12:48 PM
Sold TransMitt transmitter bag / warmer**price drop** aerosheldon Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 5 Mar 31, 2011 12:40 PM