Thread Tools
Jul 30, 2012, 08:28 AM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
tholmes345's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swen View Post
Other than aggressive marketing I don't know why people buy Spektrum. I saw a lot of planes going down because of Spektrum and would never buy one.
Yup. Wouldn't have one.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2012, 08:30 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swen View Post
Other than aggressive marketing I don't know why people buy Spektrum. I saw a lot of planes going down because of Spektrum and would never buy one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
Yup. Wouldn't have one.
haters.Speckles is like the largest,most known system in rc.why wouldnt anyone want one??


Besides the fact xps link is so much better and Ive not lost a plane due to no control since getting me some xps..
Jul 30, 2012, 09:54 AM
Pants on the ground
xsubsailor's Avatar
Coming from a guy who lost several planes on spektrum
Jul 30, 2012, 10:03 AM
Passion
Quote:
Besides the fact xps link is so much better and Ive not lost a plane due to no control since getting me some xps..
Almost didn't see this.
Jul 30, 2012, 12:09 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
tholmes345's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
haters.Speckles is like the largest,most known system in rc.why wouldnt anyone want one??


Besides the fact xps link is so much better and Ive not lost a plane due to no control since getting me some xps..
Ooooooh. A plus member. I should live so long. Marketing can be a devious tool.
Last edited by tholmes345; Jul 30, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Jul 30, 2012, 02:02 PM
Registered User
--Spectrum is more popular and also needs over 2x voltage of Nano to operate so statistically more poor setups with more failures

--XPS only needs 2.0volts for the Nano so less room for a poor setup

--Other factors play as well, I assume

--My 9303 and Nano's work great
Jul 30, 2012, 02:19 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsubsailor View Post
Coming from a guy who lost several planes on spektrum
lol,see my fine print my brother from another mother.. Ive not lost any due to no control other than my dumb thumbs since going xps/hitec.Aint goin back needer..

by the way,wheres the new radio?
Jul 31, 2012, 09:10 AM
Registered User
Ok, I said I'd be quiet and patient...turns out I am neither.
I have an xps module for my 9303, but no rx's. No stock.
I ordered a module and rx (china brand). Two things can happen. 1. It is junk and I burn a plane..... Smarter but poorer.... 2. It works well...... (the worst case for XPS) and I am thrilled. No product to sell can be a killer. Personally, I am staying with my plan to own xps products, but I need to play. However, it is not a good business model, in my opinion. Way off thread.
Jul 31, 2012, 10:40 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpal44 View Post
Ok, I said I'd be quiet and patient...turns out I am neither.
I have an xps module for my 9303, but no rx's. No stock.
I ordered a module and rx (china brand). Two things can happen. 1. It is junk and I burn a plane..... Smarter but poorer.... 2. It works well...... (the worst case for XPS) and I am thrilled. No product to sell can be a killer. Personally, I am staying with my plan to own xps products, but I need to play. However, it is not a good business model, in my opinion. Way off thread.
While I feel your frustration, I can see Jim's viewpoint of not producing/stocking anymore of the "old" technology when the new stuff is about to be released (hopefully, before Christmas !)......

Good luck with your Chinese stuff.... I would not trust it in anything but an inexpensive foamy.... but that's just me.

I too have a 9303/module combination but fortunate in the sense that I have enough receivers for my entire fleet plus a couple of extra 8 and 10 channel receivers.....

I do feel that Jim is fully aware of other's view of his "business model". The RC side of his business is reportedly a very small part of his overall plan....

So be it as it may, we're "stuck" with what we have for now.....
Jul 31, 2012, 11:45 AM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swen View Post
Other than aggressive marketing I don't know why people buy Spektrum. I saw a lot of planes going down because of Spektrum and would never buy one.
Coz everyone needs a DX6i so you can fly the Parkzone Micros like the Champ and Vapor! :-)

Night Vapor maiden (0 min 57 sec)
Jul 31, 2012, 01:23 PM
Registered User
prefabu's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez View Post
I do feel that Jim is fully aware of other's view of his "business model". The RC side of his business is reportedly a very small part of his overall plan....
It would seem the RC side of his business is just a hobby. I'm assuming there are few people buying Tx modules since there are essentially no receivers available. This doesn't appear to be of great concern to XPS, so it must not be vital to their business. Everything I read suggests it's good stuff, but it sure seems like it would be frustrating as a customer. Might make more sense to turn the Tx development over to another company and do joint development. XPS could just concentrate on the modules, boards, and receivers -- things that use the DivBee. That seems to be the primary company interest anyway.
Jul 31, 2012, 01:52 PM
Registered User
Grich's Avatar
We are lucky that Jim is involved with rc planes, gliders and jets or we would not have seen even the modules. From what ive been reading from Jim my guess is that the transmitter is complete except a little tweaking of the program on the human interface side. And i think that the only testing left is making sure everything is working fine communicating with the new receivers that jim and his crew have been hard at work on.
Jul 31, 2012, 03:53 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefabu View Post
It would seem the RC side of his business is just a hobby. I'm assuming there are few people buying Tx modules since there are essentially no receivers available. This doesn't appear to be of great concern to XPS, so it must not be vital to their business. Everything I read suggests it's good stuff, but it sure seems like it would be frustrating as a customer. Might make more sense to turn the Tx development over to another company and do joint development. XPS could just concentrate on the modules, boards, and receivers -- things that use the DivBee. That seems to be the primary company interest anyway.
...but this completely misses the essence of what is making a difference: Jim's fanatical pursuit of making a better product in all the little details be can see making a better product. It's all the little details that help be the whole be greater than the sum of the parts... and when you give jobs to people who don't care half as much, well, you get products as a result of being made by people who only care about things on a professional level... when you get people who care about things beyond simply doing their job well, that's when you get remarkable products that push boundaries...
Latest blog entry: Updated Hatcam - Apr2016
Jul 31, 2012, 04:52 PM
Suspended Account
This reminds of a movie from about 1970, the Paper Chase. It is about law school and the first year students, who set up study groups and assign outlines of various topics among themselves. One guy showed up with a 900 page outline, and when shown the casebook had only 500 pages, said, "It's better than the book."

Well, I hope so.
Aug 01, 2012, 02:47 AM
Registered User
Hello,

Is it OK to practice helicopter RC with the XPS-16 ?

Soft OK for the last three Gyro technology Flybarless (as like JR TAGS 01 ) ?

Telemetry also ?

Thanks .

FRED


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold XPS 2.4GHz JR Transmitter Module (9x) az_heliguy Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 19 Apr 04, 2012 11:07 PM
For Sale Hacker / Spin 170 Controller, XPS Pro Dynamax, 15S 6800 XPS packs in 3S bricks. penceaviation Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 9 Oct 13, 2011 07:55 AM
Wanted XPS 6800mah 65c 6s want to trade for xps 5000mah 65c and will pay difference sherlockshah Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 3 Oct 12, 2011 08:30 AM
For Sale 3s xps 5000mah 65c $60 shipped with warranty also 2s xps 5000mah 65c $45 shipped with sherlockshah Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 2 Sep 24, 2011 12:48 PM
Sold TransMitt transmitter bag / warmer**price drop** aerosheldon Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 5 Mar 31, 2011 12:40 PM