May 29, 2012, 12:48 PM
Those battery burning guys are my kind of idiots! ROFL!
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2012, 08:25 AM
I'm slow but I'm expensive

TX images

Can anyone post a link to some images of the transmitter? I fly an EVO and have found that the shape of transmitter is very important. The EVO is taller than most compared to the width. I tried a DX7 and hated holding it.
Thanks,
Ken
May 30, 2012, 09:49 AM
Jim has mentioned the radio is very close to the JR 9303 in shape and feel.
May 30, 2012, 03:38 PM
Foam abuser!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lilja
Can anyone post a link to some images of the transmitter? I fly an EVO and have found that the shape of transmitter is very important. The EVO is taller than most compared to the width. I tried a DX7 and hated holding it.
Thanks,
Ken
There are several pics in the original thread here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1243767

Pat
May 30, 2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Thanks,
Ken
That is certainly one of my major concerns as well, the feel. I HATE holding the Spektrums. Something wrong with the feel of the stick and the travel on them too.

LOL at crxmanpat, just toss him into the middle of 3984 posts and you don't even know if he can swim! Ken, I'd start somewhere around page 170. Not much more of a help, I know. I looked up the JR mentioned above and the pics in the old forum do look like that radio, to my recollection.
Last edited by Tony37803; May 30, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
May 30, 2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Thanks,
Ken
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...43767&page=133
May 30, 2012, 05:27 PM
I also hate the feel and balance of the JR and Spectrum transmitters I have tried. Even the folded aluminum case of my old Proline and Micropro transmitters had better feel and balance. The only transmitter I have ever used that had better feel and balance than my Evo was my Cockpit MM.
May 31, 2012, 07:44 AM

See what I missed

I haven't been here in awhile, So you guys are now bringing to market a 32 channel as opposed to a 16 channel. Is that right? Well lets see if I got this straight. You all spent 2+ years trying to bring to market the 16 channel and for all intent and purposes failed to deliver that unit. Now you are upgrading a non existent radio to 32 channels. Well .. I am in awe! That is marketing at its finest. Maybe you guys should go on that "pitch" show on tv. You certainly couldn't do any worse than those folks.
May 31, 2012, 07:53 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccountrypilot
I haven't been here in awhile, So you guys are now bringing to market a 32 channel as opposed to a 16 channel. Is that right? Well lets see if I got this straight. You all spent 2+ years trying to bring to market the 16 channel and for all intent and purposes failed to deliver that unit. Now you are upgrading a non existent radio to 32 channels. Well .. I am in awe! That is marketing at its finest. Maybe you guys should go on that "pitch" show on tv. You certainly couldn't do any worse than those folks.
"As seen on...."
May 31, 2012, 08:53 AM
Passion
And for many months kept people in the dark about nonexistent stuff but a lot of empty discussion while busy with another project. When people get upset about that, the easiest way out is to just close the thread. Public relations sucks. I think a lot of potential XPS users got lost on the way, forever.

Because I use and like the product I might hold on and see if any of this babble will eventually come true. I hope so, and I will buy if it does not take too long.

Please, don’t close this thread as well.
May 31, 2012, 09:08 AM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
At least you can say there are the Rx's. I like them all. Especially the nanos. I feel that because I may not have the time left to wait for the new Tx, I bought an Aurora A9. Except for the promised fancy stuff, it does all I need. Not necessarily all the stuff I want after seeing what is to come with XPS 3216. Maybe one day we will finally be able to buy the Tx and put all this behind.
May 31, 2012, 09:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccountrypilot
Its the same box and hardware that was to be 16 channels. Go back and look through the original thread. You will find a discussion about making it 32 channels. We just decided to do that.

We didn't spend 2+ years trying to bring anything to market. Although it takes JR and Futaba typically 3 years to bring a new Tx to market. We met with JR (and Futaba), we know for fact.

About 10 months of time was lost to the James Cameron Mariana trench expedition where all of our time was focused on developing the flight control system for the ROV that was deployed from the sub. Just before that work started we had problems with our FCC testing lab, and that continued until the end of February of this year, and it was not until early April of this year where work resumed on the Tx project. We are expecting our first batch of DivBee modules (used for our new receivers and Tx) in June. So, new products will be coming soon.

Keep in mind, I have heard these same types of emails in the past starting with the announcement of the radio system in late 2005. It was not released until late 2006. We were the first company to offer FULL RANGE 2.4GHz to the radio control industry, and the first to offer modules for aircraft systems. It just takes time to release a quality product. Simple as that.
May 31, 2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
About 10 months of time was lost to the James Cameron Mariana trench expedition where all of our time was focused on developing the flight control system for the ROV that was deployed from the sub. .
Hi Jim, about that statement; all I can say is " and rightly so, the market for ROV's must be huge, what an opportunity!"

by the way, is the order status upgraded regularly? mine has been on 'payment received' since the 18th of May.
I understand the first-in/first-out principle and you quoted somewhere that you receive 100's of orders a day, so I extrapolate that there were at a minimum 1300 orders ahead of me, must congratulate you on a thriving business.
May 31, 2012, 07:39 PM
Thread OP
There is a problem if you don't have your order status updated within 48 hours (including weekends). The only exception is when you purchase a hardware upgrade, where we need the equipment to be upgraded before that order status is updated.

So, send me a PM with your information and I will check on it.
May 31, 2012, 11:39 PM
Aeronca Driver
Hi Jim Will you be at Torrey Pines next week for the Katie Flyin and will you be using the new transmitter?

regards,
-john

Quick Reply