This thread is privately moderated by quitcherbitchen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 25, 2012, 08:53 AM
Bombs away!!!
Build Log

Noorduyn U-64 Norseman

After doing some research for a book for a friend of mine I came across this hidden gem of a plane. The Noorduyn Norseman. Made in Canada during the mid thirties it looked surprisingly like the Stinson SR 10 that was sitting on my bench. After crashing the Stinson on maiden I had to buy a new wing. After flying the Stinson I realized it had the glide ratio of a check mark and wasn't to fond of flying it. So I dropped my Super Cub experimental Fowler wing on top of the Stinson fuse and it was a near perfect match. I just cut out the aft section of the wing to accommodate the bevel in the Stinson fuselage and then salvaged all the wing mounting hardware out of my old crashed wing. Less then two hours later I had a new plane. I will maiden it this weekend and report back the results, but it should fly like a Cub, but be classic in its own unique way. There is a fantastic website for the Norseman athttp://www.norsemanhistory.ca The color schemes will blow you mind and this plane was used for both civilian and military. The U.S Army/Air Force bought many of these and called them U-64 as utility/transports. All that is left to make the conversion complete on the Norseman is to take off the wheel fairing, get a new cowl and change the horizontal stab to look more scale. Oh, and paint it. That will be really tough with all the choices.
Last edited by quitcherbitchen; Apr 25, 2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: miss spelling
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply